What If Chapter 11: The Surgery

Clarification: This is a What-if chapter. I'll be making these chapters alongside the normal story and in these chapters, Y/N is a One-Eyed Ghoul. With that out of the way, have fun reading!

CRASH!!!

The sounds of plates could be heard breaking. "Oh no," Roma said.

"Ah, damn it, woman! Why you gotta be so useless?" Nishiki asked her.

"Sorry," she told him.

"Now, Nishiki, remember, Roma just joined recently and she's still new," Kaya told him.

"I know, but she should know not to break plates so damn often," Nishiki retorted. "Am I right, Y/N?"

The One-Eyed Ghoul doesn't answer and proceeds to clean the windows of Anteiku. "My point still stands," Nishiki said.

"Just finish doing your job," Kaya told him. "Roma, please clean up the mess."

"On it ma'am!" she said before running to get a broom.

CRASH!!!

"Oh, man..." Roma said in dispair.

"I'll go take care of that," Kaya told everyone before walking away.

Nishiki looks over at Y/N and walks towards him. "Hey, Y/N?"

"..."

"Hey, dude."

"..."

"Y/N, come on, you've been so damn quiet after the mission to save Kaneki. I don't think I've heard you say ten words after that thing," Nishiki told him.

"..."

"Y/N?" he said while reaching his hand to the unresponsive worker.

Y/N suddenly jerked his head towards him with his single kakugan activated. Nishiki jumps back at the sudden movement. "Don't touch me," Y/N told him.

"Jeez, alright," the hazelnut haired boy replied.

(I was slightly confused because my brain thought hazelnutted haired boy made sense but I quickly realized that it didn't for obvious reasons).

Y/N resumed cleaning the windows. While doing so, Koma walks over to Y/N and asks "Y/N, can I talk with you?"

"What is it?" Y/N questioned.

"I just need to talk with you. Privately, come on," Koma said.

Y/N sighed and put his rag down. Both walked out of the main room and into a hallway. Koma leaned against a wall and tells Y/N "tell me what's wrong."

"What do you mean?" Y/N inquired with a slight hint of confusion.

"You've been acting different," Koma answered. "The Y/N I know is normally cheerful and is always happy to talk. Not a moody dude who doesn't like people touching him."

"So what? I've changed. What's the big deal?" asked Y/N.

"Into a completely different person," Koma retorted.

"Oh yeah, I have become a completely different person because" Y/N activates his kakugan. "I AM!!!"

Deactivating, Koma says "look, I get it, but there's no reason to act this way."

"No reason?" Y/N questioned. "My entire life has been changed and it's all Touka's fault."

"Come on, she just wanted to help you," Koma countered.

"Well, if she wanted to help me, she should have just given me a kidney and not a kakuho," Y/N retorted before walking away.

Y/N enters the main room again while taking off a bit of his uniform. "Where are you going?" Koma asked him.