What If Chapter 14: The Bond

The full-blooded ghoul known as Touka Kirishima wakes with her head resting on what she believed to be a pillow. She lets out a light sigh and thinks "so, it was just a-" she feels the "pillow" her head was resting on move up and down.

That was when she realized that she wasn't resting her head on a pillow but on the chest of the man she loved. The One-Eyed ghoul known as Y/N L/N. She slowly moves her head up to see him still asleep.

She knew at that moment, that it wasn't a dream and she had made love with him. "It... it actually happened," she thought.

Y/N moves a bit in his sleep which in turn caused her to move as well due to her resting some of her body on his. "Whoa..." she softly said upon his sudden movement. She grabbed the blanket that was covering both of them and had it covered her breasts.

She sat up and looked at the face of Y/N. "It actually happened. To think, that it would happen. How the hell did he go from being my partner on some damn project to the man I love?" Touka questioned from within her mind. She gazed down on Y/N and smiled sweetly before running the fingers on her right hand across his face. "I'm not complaining though."

Touka was genuinely happy that she could experience this. She has lost so much in her life and had no one she could love. So having this one-eye ghoul in her life made things all the better and her feel loved.

As she ran her fingers across her lover's face, he says "huh?"

Touka eyes widened knowing that she just woke him up She reels back her hand as Y/N opens like rusty gates that haven't been used in decades. He looked up at his purple haired girlfriend and smiled.

"Touka," he spoke.

"Hey," she said nervously and with a slight wave with the hand, she was using before.

He sits up in order to be on the same level as her. He noticed Touka hiding her breasts and asks "why are you" he proceeds to mimic what she does with the blanket knowing she would connect the dots and understand his question.

"Oh... I... uh... you know..." Touka responded.

"I know I saw them in all of their glory last night," he joked with a slight chuckle.

Touka blushed and retorts "you know why..."

"I do," Y/N responded. "And I understand."

He proceeds to lend in and kisses Touka on the cheek. "I love you."

"I love you too," Touka said as Y/N left the bed.

He reaches for the clothes that were on the floor from his eventful night with Touka. He puts on some underwear, pants, and a shirt before turning to Touka and telling her "I'll be back."

"Okay," she said as he left the room.

He walks out of the room and heads straight for the bathroom. He enters and grabs his toothbrush and begins brushing his teeth. He was in a very good mood. Nothing could take him out of it.

It wasn't a dream and he actually had sex with the girl he has had a crush on for the longest of times. Not only that, he was dating her and she had made his life better. He was no longer a boy living in a crappy home with a psycho uncle and aunt.

He was a man living on his own and doing his best to live even with his new way of life that was unfortunately forced onto him. But he wasn't looking at the negatives. There was no point in looking at the past in Y/N's mind except for certain things.

What's done is done and there's no point dwelling on it and moving forward was the best option in his mind. And that's what he is doing and he couldn't any happier. As he finished brushing, someone wraps their arms around him.

It was a now clothed Touka and Y/N turns around to his girlfriend. He looked down at her and placed his hands on her hips. She looked up at him and smiled while keeping her arms wrapped around him.

"Hey," he said.

"Heyyy," she said in a tone that was filled with love towards him.

Y/N stared into Touka's eyes and she did the same. He took one hand and ran his fingers through her soft purple hair. Touka reached herself up to kiss him but he placed a hand on her mouth before softly forcing Touka down.

"I think you should brush your teeth first," he told her.

She breathes into her hand and sniffs. "Oh, yeah... I should," she retorted.

Y/N slightly chuckles as he leaves the bathroom and Touka begins to cleanse her foul breath. Y/N walked out into his "living room". He looks around and thinks "I should really get more stuff in here."

Touka soon comes out with her teeth brushed. She places a hand on his shoulder and swings around in front of him. She again wraps her arms around his neck and he places his hands on her hips.

"Heyyy," she said once again.

"Hey," he said back. "You brushed your teeth right?"

Touka shakes her head while rolling her eyes and smiling. They share a passionate kiss and slowly pull away from each other. "I'll take that as a yes," he said.

"Your jokes are so stupid but I love it," Touka replied.

"Good," he said before pulling away from her. He cracks his neck and Touka asks him "so, what do you want to do? We both got the day off."

"I don't know, probably get stuff for this place or just spend time with you. Either one is fine with me," he told her.

"I wouldn't mind helping you get stuff for this place," she retorted.

"Thanks, but don't you gotta study for college?" Y/N inquired.

"Yeah, but I can always study later," Touka responded.

"Yeah, but if you study now, you'll up your chances of being prepared for getting into Kamii," he pointed out.

"Yeah, but-"

"Touka," he cut her off. "Your education is more important than you helping me get some stuff for this place. Please, for me?"

"Alright, but I'll be back later," she told him.

"Good," he replied. "And we can reenact last night."

Touka blushes. "Sure," she replied before walking out.

Y/N walks to a window at the other end of the room and opens it. The fresh air blows in and Y/N breathes it in as if it was food and he was desperately hungry. But he didn't just take in the fresh air but all of the scents as well.

Due to his new ghoul physiology, he picked up on a scent that he knew all too well. Of someone, he wanted to speak to for the longest of time.

"Kaneki?!" 

Word Count: 1177

Author: Sorry for the delay. This was supposed to come out yesterday but some bullshit happened ;-;

But it's now and that's good. And I tried making this chapter a higher quality due to the delay and the shortest of it.

That's all I got to say. I'll see all of ya in the next chapter. Peace!