Chapter 1: The Project

"Damn it! Damn it!! Damn it!!!" You said as you ran to class. "I can't be late again or I'll get detention!"

You get to your science class and slip in right when the bell rings. "Yes!" You said while making a fist.

"You finally made it, " your teacher said.

"Yup, " you said while a smile.

You look over and see your crush, Touka Kirishima, looking at you. A blush spreads across your face and you walk to your seat.

Once in your seat, your teacher announces "alright, let's get things started."

Your teacher begins to talk, but you didn't pay attention to him. You couldn't help but stare at Touka.

"Man, she's beautiful, " you thought. "If only I had the guts to ask her out."

"Y/N!" Your teacher said before slamming a ruler on your desk.

You just up and look at him a little confused and scared. "Y-yeah?" You asked him.

Your teacher looks over at Touka and says "I noticed that you were starting at miss Kirishima. Do you want her to your partner?"

"Wait, what?" You replied.

"Partner, " he said. "There's a project about the planets that require two people to work on it together."

"When did you give us this assignment?" You asked him.

"I just announced, " he told you. "And you would have known that if you were paying attention to me."

"Oh... Sorry, " you replied.

Your teacher looks you dead in the eyes. "Since you're so fixated on miss Kirishima, you two will be partners, " he told you.

Touka immediately gets up from her seat and asks "wait, what?! Why do I have to be his partner?!"

"Well, it seems that he really wants to be your partner, so I grant his wish, " he told her.

"Fine, " Touka said before angrily sitting back down.

Your teacher turns to you and smiles. You felt super humiliated and just wanted to sink into the ground.

"He's gonna be my breakfast, lunch, and, dinner after this project is finished, " Touka said under her breath.

You laid your head on your desk and thought "why did this have to happen?"

A Few Hours Later...

You walk to your lunch table with your tray in hand. Your head was down feeling embarrassed.

"My chances with her were already low, but now they're zero, " you said to yourself.

"Hey, " a feminine voice said.

You turn around and see who said that to you. "T-Touka?" You said confused.

Touka walks up to you and says "yeah, it's me. Here."

She hands you a piece of paper and you grabbed it confused. "What is this?" You asked her.

"My number, " she answered.

You looked at her in shock. "Really?" You asked while questioning reality itself.

"Yeah, only call or text me if it has something to do with the project, " she told you.

"Got it, " you said while putting it in your pocket.

"Anything you want to ask me?" She asked you.