What if Chapter 17: The Ending

Y/N stares into his own eyes as he looked into the mirror. Looking at his right kakugan, He was thinking back in his life and was thinking about what Kanou told him. He was shirtless and was wearing pajama pants.

As he stared into his eyes, he thought about the words that Kanou spoke. "You were never meant to be human and I helped you become what you are meant to be," the words echoed throughout his head.

Part of him was telling himself that Kanou was wrong and purely just a psycho. But the other half was thinking he was right. Y/N has always been ghoul-like with his high RC cell count and has always felt some kind of connection to ghouls. Hell, he ended up dating and falling in love with one.

He couldn't tell if was starting to go crazy or if it was the truth. After all, lies can be so convincing that they seem like the truth and even the greatest of eyes have a tough time seeing them until the lie is exposed for what it truly is.

But for now, he is left still questioning. And he already is a ghoul and there is no going back. Y/N was just happy that he could look in the mirror and not see a stranger. He may be a different person now but is still sticking true to himself.

He turns off his kakugan and walks out of the bathroom. He goes to his bedroom and goes to sleep. The next day when he wakes up, he gets ready to go to work to Anteiku. Upon getting there, walks in to see Yoshimura standing as if he was waiting.

"Yoshimura. Good morning," Y/N said.

"Good morning Y/N," he replied. "I would like for you to take the day off."

"Huh?" Y/N was taken aback by the old ghoul telling him this out of nowhere. "Why?"

"I just feel that you should take the day off. Same with Touka. Why don't you two take this day to have a date?" he suggested.

"Um, alright," he responded. "What about tomorrow."

"I'll let you know when that day comes," Yoshimura told him before turning around and walking away.

Y/N was staring at him and felt something was off. But he would let it go for now. He walks out of the cafe and takes out his phone to call his girlfriend. "Hey," she said picking up.

"Hey, Touka. Yoshimura gave me the day off. He said he did the same for you," he told her.

"Yeah, he did. I don't understand why though," she retorted.

"Me either but he suggested that you and I go on a date so you wanna go on one?" he asked her.

"Yeah, we haven't been on one in a while. So it would be nice," she answered.

"Definitely not going to a restaurant," he said knowing his new taste buds wouldn't like it.

"I'll take you to my favorite suicide spot. Does that sound good?" she asked him.

"Ummmmmmm, I guess," he replied.

"Good, I'll meet you at Anteiku and we can go from there," she told him.

"Sounds good to me. See you soon. Love ya," he said.

"I love you too," she retorted.

"Bye."

"Bye."

Now the half Ghoul waited for her to come by. He led against the wall and just watched the people around him. Now that he was a ghoul, he saw the people so differently. They were now his food and while he wouldn't kill and eat someone, he just found it weird that they were once just like him but now he views them how he used to view cows. Something that is his source of food.