Chapter 4

While Mason was waiting, his thoughts began to wander. His sudden nausea and dizziness made him think about the villain's death in the novel. He had always believed that after the villain's banishment, the poor environment caused him to catch a disease which resulted in his death and since the spoiled villain had always lived in a clean and luxurious environment, it totally made sense.

However, now that he's feeling unwell, the death of the villain might've been caused due to a childhood illness. So, after the banishment, the Rodolite family didn't provide the money or medication to him. Thereby, he could only survive for 2 more years after the banishment, before his body failed him.

The illness must've been serious for which medication should've been equally expensive, making it unaffordable for Mason for regular usage. Moreover, how much could a sick person work anyway?

" -ason..., Mason....., MASON WILLIAMS RODOLITE!"

Startled, Mason looked up to find his father scowling at him.

"Are you throwing a tantrum again now? Mason, I can't put up with your irresponsible behaviour anymore. Stop slacking off from school. From tomorrow onwards, you're going to school everyday without missing a single class. I really don't want to see you fail another test."

"..... ..... Uh yes, Father. I'm sorry." Mason finally got ahold of what was going on and replied. And woah, Mason was always the good student in class. He had never been scolded like this before. This was literally all too new for him.

"I don't need an apology Mason, I need your actions to talk. I will not tolerate any false excuses of not feeling well or stomach aches anymore. You're not a little child anymore, observe and learn from your brothers a little."

After saying this the duke just got up and left the dining room. Somehow, whatever the duke said hurt Mason's feelings. Nevertheless, whatever theory about his death he came up with was just a theory after all. There was no proof that this will happen in the future, it was just a possibility.

Finally getting out of his daze, he glanced at his three brothers who had already finished eating and were about to leave. His first brother and third brother almost looked like twins eventhough they were born in different years. They were also very similar to their father. So similar that from a single glance anybody could tell, they were related.

Nevertheless, the duke didn't look like a father of four sons, he more or less looked like the eldest brother in the family with his perfect features and domineering aura. The powerful Duke Maximus Charles Rodolite was the second most powerful figure in the empire.

Myles Bexley Rodolite, 21, Mikhail Xander Rodolite, 20 and Marcus Tristan Rodolite who is 18 this year are his ever so talented brothers. Myles, Mark and Marcus were much older than himself and were among the smartest and strongest youths in the empire. One would think that they would've spoiled their brother with love and care since childhood but it was the total opposite.They avoided Mason like the plague.

All three brothers looked like their father in most aspects. Only Mikhail looked like a mixture of the duke and the duchess. Nevertheless, Maximus's traits were the ones that dominated his features. Whereas, Mason was the spitting image of his mother, the beautiful late Duchess Anne Barithwell Rodolite. With delicate features, kind eyes and fluffy hair, nobody would've thought this child would be so hard to handle when he was only 12. This is what the staff had in their minds, "This child was the spawn of the devil."