Chapter 6

Mason was a hardworking person. He was always working part time jobs or doing something else, in his past life. He was never idle but was always tired. The habit of overworking was always compelling him to do something which right now resulted in him going through his own room like a thief.

He was looking everywhere to find something interesting to do. Contrary to his expectations, there weren't a lot of things in his room. His room had exquisite furniture and that was that. Other than that, he basically only had all his necessities. He was kinda expecting to find a set of hundred watches with diamonds and various gems studded on them.

The clothes he had were all chosen by the headmaid and the accessories were kept to the bare minimum. There were a bunch of books for a twelve year old and two pairs of shoes. It didn't really look like the room of the spoiled son of the duke. Mason got a good sum of money every month, which was never really spent on anything.

After looking through for ages, he finally found a medium sized chest in his wardrobe. When he opened it, his heart started to beat so fast that it made him a little light headed. There were art supplies in it!!! A drawing book, sketching pencils, stumps, paints, brushes etc. Mason liked to do many things but the only thing he truly loved was art.

Without wasting anymore time, Mason put down his supplies on the table and started to make some art. After a few hours of work with small breaks in between for stretching, Mason finally decided to stop for the day. When he looked at the clock it was already half past ten.

Ugh! He had missed dinner. Jadon didn't even try to remind him of dinner. He was super hungry right now so he just decided to get some snacks from the kitchen.

With his small and thin body, Mason opened the heavy door of his room and silently walked downstairs to the kitchen. There were a few servants around but nobody stopped him or asked him if he needed anything. After walking for what seemed like an hour, which was infact only five minutes he finally reached the kitchen.

There were a number of dishes placed on the kitchen counter or so he assumed since he couldn't damn see above the counter. Mason was upset now but he was not the one to stay disheartened. So, he immediately rushed over to find the nearest chair. This whole place was filled with couches and the only movable chair was in the dining room.

After what seemed like hours, he finally managed to push the chair to the kitchen and climbed on it to look at the kitchen counter. There was food!!! He hurriedly got a plate and a spoon and realized the plate was super heavy and easily breakable. So he carefully took the plate and placed it on the counter and scooped out some food from each ceramic pot. Hunger took over and he immediately started to eat.

Through all this, Mason didn't realize that there were a bunch of servants looking at him pushing the chair, climbing the counter and eating like a chipmunk. Since when was the fourth young master so cute!!! they thought. The servants dared not to disturb the little devil with an angelic face and continued to work while sneaking glances at him.

After finishing the food in his plate, Mason extended his hand to take some more.

"Would you like some more salmon, fourth young master?" Greta, the head chef and the incharge of the kitchen asked.

Mason slowly lifted his face and saw a gentle lady smiling at him. Mason blinked his doe eyes a few times before his face flushed a bright red. Being an adult he was sitting on top of the kitchen counter with a plate on his lap, while his legs are crossed. This was sooooo embarassing!

"No thanks! I'm done!" He said with his head down and his face still blushing.

"You should eat more, fourth young master." Greta said as she placed some salmon on the plate.

Mason blinked innocently a couple of times before he got down from the kitchen counter, sat on the chair and began to eat the salmon.

At this moment, even the butler Jadon who had been watching Mason from the time he left his room, blushed at the cuteness.