Chapter 14

When Mason got down to the main hall he saw some servants hurriedly packing the leftover birthday presents into luxurious packages. Most of the presents were already ready and loaded into the carriages carefully. Mason didn't really have much energy to observe others at this moment and just wanted to sit down.

He didn't really know where to go at the moment either because Jadon wasn't here to guide him. Moreover he hadn't seen Jadon or Marcus in a long while. Mason still had a fever and was feeling dizzy. Just when he was going to sit on a camelback sofa he heard a voice talking to him.

"Get in the carriage, Mason. There's no time to fool around."

He glanced upwards and saw Mikhail walk past him. He immediately ignored his dizziness and walked behind him. Nevertheless Mikhail's long legs left Mason behind in just a few seconds. He hurriedly tried to limp behind his second brother lest he'd be lost but his fear had came true.

He saw five carriages lined up on the road, ready to move but had no clue as to which carriage he was supposed to get on. He feebly called out to a guard nearby for help.

"Sir, which carriage should I get on?", but the guard treated him like air. He didn't even look down once and acted as if Mason didn't even exist. So, Mason softly called out to another servant who was walking past him but received the same treatment. He finally saw the familiar face of a maid whom he used to talk to.

"Miss Clara, could you please help me?"

Clara turned and glanced at Mason. She looked at Mason and her face beamed but as she remembered something, the brightness on her face faded. She quickly turned her head and ran away. Mason was just left blank. His leg was painful and his energy was almost completely drained.

The fourth carriage was just now filled with the presents and closed by the servants. So it was out of the list. Mason walked to the fifth carriage which was the closest and tried looking in. He struggled for a while due to his height. A man with a burly figure opened the curtain and looked at the little master who was trying to peek in. His eyes widened in surprise before his face showed an expression of worry. He still couldn't talk to Mason so he slowly closed the curtain.

Mason realized this was the carriage for the guards. So he skipped the fourth carriage and walked up to the third. He couldn't look in so he climbed the carriage stairs with great difficulty, pretty much using only one leg. He looked inside and saw that this was also filled in with presents. The guards who were looking at Mason secretly, were expecting him to come out but contrary to their expectations no one came out.

Mason dizziness had reached its peak, as a result Mason just sat among the boxes in the carriage. He made a little room in the occupied seat and sat down, closing his eyes.

The duke and Myles came out together. They quickly got into the second carriage where Mikhail was and gave the orders to commence the journey.

As if he remembered something halfway through the journey, he called out to stop the carriages. He then asked to one of the knights about Mason. And the knight replied by saying that he was in carriage behind them. The duke inadvertently let a small sigh of relief and commanded to continue the journey.

--------------------------------------

One word that would describe the palace would be magnificent. The piece of architecture was blowing the trumpets of luxury and money. One could never guess how much money was spent to build this palace. But that was the last of Mason's concerns.

Nobody came to inform Mason when they arrived at the palace. He came to realize it by himself after the carriage stop shaking vigorously. Mason who was feeling nauseous eventhough he only ate a piece of bread since morning, didn't want to go out and face the princes at all. He repeatedly told himself to just apologize and wish them respectfully and then find a place to rest.

Just when he walked out of the carriage with great difficulty, a group of workers hurriedly walked in the carriage and started taking out the gifts skillfully. They were waiting for Mason to come out of the carriage by himself.

Mason saw the long way ahead of him to reach the main hall of the palace and suddenly wanted to cry. He was a grown man and still felt like crying, he thought. He wanted to act like a composed adult and walk effortlessly into the hall and finish his work. But the intense pain and fatigue he felt seemed to fail him.

Mason groggily walked towards the main hall. His family had already given their greetings to the king and the princes since he was too slow. He passed by a garden and saw a few chairs around a exquisite round table. His brain that was trying its best to keep him alive made him sit down in that chair. He rested his head on the table for a long time. It was the evening and air was chilly and Mason wasn't wearing a jacket. He just sat there in the cold.

From afar a gentle looking person was continously observing him. He saw the lonely, pale and thin figure of Mason sitting on the chair with his head down and his heart felt a bit painful. On the opposite direction there were a bunch of children laughing, eating and playing and then there was this small child who barely looked 7 years old sitting alone.

He walked up to him wanting to ask if he was okay. He sat on a chair beside Mason.

"Hello little one, are you alright?", he asked gently.

Mason who heard the person was still wondering why the 'little one' wasn't responding. Whereas the man's eyes showed concern, thinking the child was unconcious. Mason finally couldn't help his curiosity and lifted his head to look at the kid who wasn't responding to such a caring voice.

His eyes saw a young handsome man who was wearing the clothes of the royal family. He had blue eyes and hair that had a beautiful shine to them. His aura in general brought an amazing sense of comfort.

"Child, are you alright? Where are your parents?"