Lost in Thought

Medea's features twisted into a villainous gleeful grin. She eyed Eliza vengefully. "You're going to pay for that."

Eliza was still leaning on the fountain panting. Her lungs burned from holding her breath and  her head throbbed from hitting the stone bottom of the fountain. Her soggy red-tipped hair hung limply around her face and water trailed down her face and arms. Her clothes clung to her petite body.

Medea gave a quick shrill whistle and her dragons bounded towards the four half-bloods.

Eliza jumped back as one of the giant lizards lunged at her. She tumbled back into the fountain.

The water didn't feel as cold this time, but her heart leapt into her throat. She jumped to her feet before the fear could completely overtake her.

The dragon's had turned on the others. Jason struggled with one dragon. Leo and Piper dealt with the other.

The water pulled at her legs as she waded to the edge of the basin.

Medea appeared out of nowhere, grabbing Eliza by the neck and dragging her out of the fountain. "What are you?" She looked pale. The blood stain had spread across much of her side.

Eliza stared at the crimson spot as she struggled to breathe. How had that happened? She was not strong enough to do that with a kick. It looked like a stab wound, but who had stabbed her? She snapped herself out of her thoughts. Not the time for an existential investigation.

Medea tightened her grip, trying to crush Eliza's windpipe. Her fingers dug into Eliza's flesh, pressing painfully against her esophagus.

Tears sprang to Eliza's eyes. She couldn't catch her breath. The air caught in her throat where Medea's fingers closed off the pathway. She pulled at Medea's hands, trying to pry them away from her neck.

Medea smiled, twisting her gorgeous features. "I'm going to enjoy this."

"Not as much as I'm going to enjoy this." Piper appeared behind Medea and punched her square in the jaw.

Medea dropped Eliza, covering her mouth with her manicured hand.

Eliza coughed and hacked. Water streamed from her hair and dripped off her nose. Her vision slowly cleared and her heartbeat returned to normal. She was vaguely aware of the battles raging around her - the dragons attacking the boys and Piper chasing Medea through the mall.

Her mind was racing. A million thoughts flooded her mind. She couldn't make it stop. She couldn't make it slow down. It was too much. It felt like her brain was going to explode.

She hunched over her knees, pressing her temples as she tried to organize the whirlwind of thoughts. She was overly aware of her surroundings, like she could feel everything - the dragons, the boys, Medea, Piper, Coach Hedge, the Venti. She saw flashes of memory, scenes from her life - Jason, a girl with long dark hair, an ancient-looking city. Then, as quickly as it had started, it was over. She gasped and blinked back tears.

Someone knelt beside her and placed a hand on her back.

She flinched away.

"It's okay." Jason soothed. "You're okay."

She turned and met his gaze. His sky blue eyes were full of concern. The returned memories still fresh in her mind, she threw her arms around him.

He stiffened in surprise. "Umm..." Slowly, he wrapped his arms around her and helped her stand. "What happened?"

Piper came running down the escalator. "We gotta go."

Festus crashed through the ceiling and landed beside Leo, crushing the fountain.

Eliza couldn't help smiling, but she was still shaken up.

Jason examined her concernedly. "Come on. Let's get out of here."

Eliza let him lead her over to the bronze dragon.

He helped her onto Festus' neck, taking his seat behind her. He cradled her carefully against his chest.

Leo urged Festus up. They soared back through the ceiling and away from the mall, which promptly exploded behind them.

Jason watched the building go up in flames then looked back at Eliza. "Are you alright?"

She nestled closer. He made her feel safe. "I don't know."

He tightened his grip around her, which made her flinch. He sighed. "What happened back there?"

"I don't really know." Eliza took a shaky breath. "I just know that... I... I got some of my memories back." She turned and met Jason's gaze.

"Really?" A spark of hope ignited in his eyes.

She shivered from the cold wind whipping through her wet clothes.

He hugged her closer. "Sorry. I don't have a jacket to give you."

Her teeth chattered as she smiled. "That's alright. I'd just soak it anyway."

He grinned. "Well, let's just hope your clothes dry out before you freeze."

She chuckled shakily.

He squeezed her, rubbing her arms for warmth. "So... what did you remember?"

She sighed. "Just bits and pieces. I don't understand what it all means."

"I know the feeling." He agreed.

Eliza shivered, but not from the cold. "Jason, do you think we're ever going to get our memories back?"

He met her gaze. "Yeah. I have to believe Juno will stay true to her word."

She took a long breath. "If we can get to her in time."

He dropped his gaze. "We can do this."

She leaned closer, trying to keep warm. "I hope you're right."

A/N
So... it's a little shorter, but I hope it was still enjoyable. 😁
As always, feel free to post your predictions. I LOVE hearing from you all.
Thanks for all the support. I appreciate you all so much.
-Cheshire