Enter the King of the Giants

The twisted stone spire holding the giant burst with a shower of dust.

Eliza shielded her head as the stones rained down. She watched in horror as Porphyrion rose from the rubble - a hulk of a man with dragon legs and fierce eyes.

Jason wheeled his windy mount around to face the giant. His eyes sparked with anger.

Porphyrion zeroed in on Jason. "Son of Jupiter." He clenched his fists and glared at the half-blood.

Eliza turned to Piper and Leo. "Get Juno out of there." She raced towards the giant. "Hey!" She skidded to a stop and thrust her arm out as the giant king turned.

A thick vine burst from the ground, wrapping around his wrist and tightening when he struggled against it.

Eliza glared up at him. "Pick on someone your own size."

Porphyrion growled. "That's no simple task when all are below me."

She smirked, curling her fingers as sword-like thorns sprouted from her palms and formed two slender blades in her hands. "Shall we test that theory?"

A sharp scowl twisted the giant's features as he studied his tiny opponent. "Who do you think you are, hero?" He spat the title as if it were an insult.

Eliza returned his grimace. A tree sprouted beneath her feet, quickly growing and lifting her to eye-level with the giant. "I'm the daughter of Proserpine, a symbol of life and prosperity." She tightened her grip on her blades and another vine spiraled out of the concrete and entangled Porphyrion's free arm. "You're not welcome here."

Porphyrion's frown contorted into a wicked disfigured grin. "You think you can rival me?" He clenched his fists and tore himself free of his living bonds.

An arc of pain ripped through Eliza's body as the vines uprooted and ripped away from the giant's wrists. The tree supporting her creaked and burst into dusty soil.

Jason swooped in and caught her as she dropped towards the ground, zipping out of the giant's reach before he could smash them.

Eliza turned to face Jason. "Thanks for the save."

He scoffed. "When did you learn to do that?" He nodded back towards the craters formed by her disintegrated plants.

She smirked. "A long time ago. You just don't remember."

He glanced over his shoulder again. "I think I'm starting to."

Eliza smirked. "Let's beat a giant, shall we?"

Jason just smiled and steered his stormy horse around. He rode in close to Porphyrion's head.

Eliza leapt off the horse's back and landed on the giant's shoulder. A long thorn extended from her hand. She slashed Porphyrion across the face, the blade slicing cleanly through his cheek.

Golden ichor streamed from the wound and down Eliza's blade.

Porphyrion reached up and grabbed Eliza around the waist, yanking her off his shoulder and almost giving her whiplash.

Eliza felt her ribs creak beneath the pressure of the giant's massive hands. She pushed against his fingers, but he was much stronger than her.

He squeezed tighter, forcing the air out of her lungs.

She couldn't breathe in. Her lungs burned and her chest ached. The giant's grip constricted around her torso, threatening to snap every bone in her fragile body. Her red-tipped hair fell around her face, the only color she could see as black rimmed her vision.

Jason tried to draw Porphyrion's attention and make him drop her, but the giant tightened his grip and batted Jason out of the sky.

In the distance, Eliza heard someone shout. "Cover your eyes!!!"

Eliza had just enough strength and focus left to squeeze her eyes shut before a blinding flash enveloped everything.

Porphyrion dropped her and she plummeted to the ground, rolling roughly across the concrete.

She wasn't sure how long she laid there, before someone touched her shoulder and she flinched back.

"It's okay." Jason sat next to her. He'd looked better.

She let her body relax, feeling the pain rush back through her body, stealing her breath.

Jason lifted her onto his lap and fed her some ambrosia.

A warm buzz spread through her, the taste of chocolate-covered cherries gracing her tongue.

Slowly, she managed to sit up. "What happened?"

Jason stared at nothing in particular. "Juno, err Hera, revealed her divine form. It chased Porphyrion away." He sighed. "We did it. We finished our quest."

Eliza released a long breath. "What now?"

He helped her to her feet. "I guess we go back to Camp Half-Blood."

Eliza gave him a look. "But what about..." she glanced at Piper and Leo.

"I know," he scanned the ruins of the Wolf House, which had been returned to their former state. "but I don't even remember where it is. Do you?"

She shook her head and met his gaze. "So... back to the Greeks."

He nodded. "Back to the Greeks."

Eliza grabbed his wrist, showing the tattoo on his left arm. "We'll find it."

He stared at the four black letters. "I know. That's kind of what I'm afraid of."

She sighed and dropped her gaze to her own tattoo. "Yeah. Same."

Jason sighed. "Well," he wrapped his arm around her shoulders and turned to face the others. "What do you say we go home?"

"Yes please!" Leo threw his hands in the air and turned to leave.

Piper tore her gaze from Jason's arm around Eliza and smiled. "Yeah. Let's go."

Jason gave a quick squeeze. "What do you say, Eliza?"

She shot him an annoyed look and slipped free of his arm. "I say... I'm so done with this quest."

A smile spread across his face. "Then it's settled. Let's get out of here."

A/N
We've done it! I have made it through the Lost Hero. And it only took my... *checks table of contents* 22 parts. 😅
I hope you all are enjoying the story so far. I really appreciate all the support guys. 🥰
Until next time.
-Cheshire