Leah Moscavit (Request)

My first request :) Also I'm busy with school so no more for a while 😂

(This involves Spot 1992!)

Leah Moscavit. The newsie that was brave enough to walk all the way to Brooklyn from Queens. Some thought she was crazy for doing such a thing but others knew her temper and wit led her down that path.

The Queens leader, Leo, had announced some Brooklyn kid had just started a fight on their turf. This had been happening for too long and Leah was getting angrier and angrier when no one did anything to stop it. She ask multiple times to go to Brooklyn but every time the Queens leader shut her down and she would sell her papers to hide the built up emotion.

But today she had enough. 

Leah tucked her hair in tightly and sold her papers quickly then made her way to Brooklyn.

Pulling on her cap, making sure none of her dirty blonde her escaped, she wondered how no one had noticed she was a girl. She had known them all for years but still no one caught on. But she knew it would be for the best if they never knew her secret. She didn't mean to go on for so long and now she couldn't just blur it out.

Reaching Brooklyn she only had one aim and that was to see Mr King of Brooklyn - Spot Conlon - himself.

If she was truthful, she had snuck to Brooklyn a number of times. Wanting to see the place and the famous newsie.  She had met him a number of times as well. There were days where she would just join him and they would chat or they would argue about newise politics.

"But I'm right" she would yell

"No you're not...wait....How are you on my turf???"

But even with some bickering she still enjoyed being with him. To the point where she felt she had a thing for him. Which may be true....

There were days her heart would pound looking at him from the docks and fixing his wet hair. And when he spoke to other girls, she wanted to take her cap off and run towards him so he could compliment her. But she knew she had to stuff these emotions away.

1. She can't let her emotions get to the best of her

2. She wasn't going to ruin years of hiding her true self for a boy. Especially that Spot Conlon....that annoying and cocky...yet handsome...Spot Conlon

But if Leah thought about it. She, well she thought she did, thought he felt the same. He wouldn't yell at her much when she came to Brooklyn and he would give her such a gentle smile when asking her about her day.

But now Leah couldn't think about that now.

"Conlon!" She yelled walking on the docks. She ignored the boys that tried to stop her and even pushed on into the water. She Queens newsies didn't just say she was tough for nothing. If she felt someone was being horrible or someone was getting hurt...watch out.

"Moscavit, what is it?" Spot frowned when she climbed up to him. He held his cane towards her and yelled "What was that for!-"

"Stop your newsies coming to Queens!" She shouted "We don't want them fighting all over our turf. People will think it's us Queens and it will give us a bad name. Which means no  one will buy from us!!"

"You come here always" Spot raised an eyebrow "Why can't we?"

"I don't start fights" Leah gritted through her teeth. Spot then chuckled before he started walking down the docks onto a lower platform. Leah following as she continued to protest what he was doing.

"What you going to do about it?" Conlon spoke "We go there calmy it's you guys who start it" They were both on a low platform underneath the docks which no one could down. Leah bit her lip as she thought about it "Do what I can, I guess"

And with that, she pushed Conlon and took his cane. She didnt know what came over her but she had to do something so he would pay attention. Spot scrowled wanting it back "Kid, I've tolerated you before but you have no idea who you're messing with!"

Leah laughed messying around with the cane, throwing it up and down or twisting it around with her wrist "You leave Queens alone"

Spot tried to get his cane back but Leah was just to quick for him. They were chasing each other for a minute or two when Spot finally caught her. He pushed her against one of the wooden beams and grabbed his cane back.

"Don't ever steal this again" he put the cane to ger neck "Or you will get more of those scars" He put the tip of the cane next to her eye wear the scar lied.

Leah then felt her heart pound as she tried to attack. The scar close to her eye held great memories that always let her emotions explode "You don't mention that, you hear?" She hit his head before he held her wrist "Well how about I mention you coming to Brooklyn, to see me?"

"Are you implying something?" she pushed him away and tried to walk but he stood infront of her "Oh, I'm just wondering why you always come over? Surely that's hypocritical"

He grew closer "Unless, Moscavit, you like me"

Leah blushed but covered it up with a laugh "Pfft as if Conlon, you're the most annoying guy out there. Sure, I like our conversations, but it sounds like you have a thing for me" She laughed hoping he would move to a different topic.

"Ok,Moscavit, if that's really your name"

Leah raised and eyebrow before Spot had snatched at her hat. Her hair falling down as her jaw opened slightly. It was rare she got surprised.

Spot smirked "I knew it" Before Leah snatched the hat back and stuffed her hair. She couldn't let anyone find out "Hey, no one is down here" "Well I'm making sure" she crossed her arms and asked "How did you know?"

Spot began walking about with his cane as he explained "Something was different about you, even the first time we met, I couldn't put my finger on it and it bothered me. That's why I didn't mind you here much, I needed to find it out"

Leah's heart sunk a little - so he didn't like her?

"And" he paused "I enjoyed your company" He continued about how he saw her around and how she acted when he flirted with girls.

"As if" she rolled her eyes "I'm not falling over you"

"And,...I saw some of your hair one time"

"Shoot" she touched her cap again. She looked up nervously and asked "No..No one else knows?" Spot shook his head "I'm not that mean"

She slightly laughed before Spot smirked "But maybe you should come over again so I get to know you again" He took a step closer as Leah rasied an eyebrow "Mr Conlon asking me on a date, aww how sweet"

"It's more of getting to know a newsiee" He was infront of her "Now...what's your real name?"

Leah smirked and walked to him. She went closer that Spot leaned in for her to whisper the name.

But instead she kissed his cheek before saying "You gotta do better than that to find out my name" Before she ran off laughing "See you next time!"

Spot stood there shocked and touched his cheek.

His bright red blushed cheek.

I'm sorry if it's not good :( 💕 but i tried. Thank you @Geekgirl118  !!! I love your oc so much! I hope it's ok xx