CHAPTER | 20

ʚ|| 3RD POV ||ɞ

   I had officially joined the team a few days ago as a manager. Kiyoko agreed that I knew the most about the boys and wanted the best for the team but she also knew that I would stressed over the fact of taking care of a whole team without her, so she continued to search for another first-year manager. Someone who deserved the role while I helped out as a temporary manager. I wasn't offended since I didn't want the spot in the first place.
   Kōshi appreciated that I was staying after school with him, the fact that he could watch over me he used it as an excuse to keep an eye out for me and said that it eased him for practices.

   "Yuri-san." Ukai called. "Mind getting more towels?"

   "Would you switch out the towles in the dryer for me, please?" Kiyoko asked and I nodded to both requests.

   I went around picking up the used, sweaty towels and then left to get new towels from the clubroom. The boys were working harder than ever, ever since they saw the potential in the two new first years. I also had to admit, watching those two play almost made me want to try getting back into the sport but the awful memories returned making me remember why I quit.
The images of Tsukki and I fighting continuously played on repeat in my head and made me smile, I know I shouldn't be so happy about it and how crazy someone might think I was because it was a core memory but if it wasn't for that fight we would have no longer been friends. I tried to push them away.

   I returned to the gym to leave the new towels only to leave once again to wash the dirty towles. I sat in there as I waited, I did my homework, first we have a regular training camp then the summer exams which wouldn't be for a while but I still wanted to study for it.
I paused for a moment hearing the footsteps approaching the door, not just any footsteps. His footsteps.

   "Hey." Tsukki walked in drinking his water.

   'What are you doing here?' I asked and he shrugged. 'Then quit slacking off and get back to practice.'

   "Tadashi asked if you wanted to study on Sunday." The blond spoke, clearly ignoring me. "At his house, his parents are still in Tokyo for a while."

   I looked up at him from my spot on the counter. 'Are the other first-years coming?'

  "What? The King and the orange haired idiot?" Tsukishima tsked. "Those two don't know how to study, plus they would probably slack off."

   I rolled my eyes but he still came over and stood in between my legs, he leaned down his lips ghosting over mine but slightly brushed against them. My heart raced but I refused to let my nervousness show, this asshole wasn't making it any easier.

   "Do you want a kiss?" He smirked. "Hmm?"

   "Not really." I replied and he backed away.

   "Is that important?"

   "Consent is very important." I replied, my voice a simple whisper, before looking back at the books.

   He didn't hesitate to attach his lips to mine and pull me closer to his body, but after a kiss back I pushed him away and scribbled onto the notebook.

   'You're sweaty and reek of it.' He looked offended. 'You do, please get back to practice.'

   "You're much more rude now." He spoke and turned on his heels. "Oh well, can't say I didn't try."