CHAPTER | 45

• Yuri's POV •

   I woke up early and skipped over breakfast, mainly because I didn't want to see anyone in my family this morning. All of them seemed to have something wrong, not that I was any better, especially because I was running away instead of actually talking to them. I didn't want it to be like last night.
   I also wanted to think about Kei. I had been thinking about it all night, unable to fall asleep, after he left. Guilt was eating at me.

   I huff and stopped at the light, pushing the button to cross. It was cold, a bit so snow falling from the grey skies, the snow that was already on the ground was grey and dirty.

   "Yuri!"

   I looked back at Tadashi as he walked over. He smiled and followed as we walked to school, I felt bad because he didn't know.

   "Is Kei ready?" He asks.

   'Ready?'

   "We're picking him up, aren't we?"

   'No.' I tell him and then explain a bit. 'We're not really talking, we had a small fight and we're trying to figure things out.'

   He slowed down, "Oh?"

   I nod and we walk past the street we would cross to go to Kei's house. I didn't worry about him catching up to us because it was still pretty early and he was never the type to get up before he was supposed to.

   "What's wrong?" Tadashi asks. I shake my head. "You cried last night."

   I was a bit confused, I was sure I hid it well.

   "Your eyes are slightly puffy." He points out and we stopped. "Talk to me."

   'It's nothing.'

   "It's not nothing, I know you don't cry over small things." I tried to walk away but he stopped me. "The last time you needed help, I wasn't there, it's been eating me ever since. I don't want to sit back until it's too late, not again."

   I wish I could tell him the truth.

   "I'm learning to be a good girlfriend..." I whispered. 'I barely even know how to be a good friend, sometimes I don't think Kei understands that.'

   "Right... well, maybe you should actually talk to him about that." He smiles as we walk. "Kei's not the best boyfriend, but you guys seem like a good pair and I'm sure he'll understand."

>>>

   We had gotten to school and went our separate ways to get ready for practice, though I texted Kiyoko that I wouldn't be attending because I had to study for a test. I still didn't want to see Kōshi and Kei.
   I walked into the library, seeing Emiko sitting at a desk, she looked up just in time to see me. She smiled and waved me over so I walked over taking a seat with her, not wanting to come off rude.

"Look, about yesterday." The red eyed girl spoke. "We we just working, really, we're not—"

   'I know.' I turned the pad to her. 'You don't have to explain.'

   "Oh... yeah but I just don't want to cause any problems." She smiles. "Kei, really likes you and only you, I mean he's head over heels for you."

   'I get it.'

   I didn't want to be rude, hearing her talk about how much Kei liked me only hurt me so much more.

   "Yuri, I don't want you to hate me." The girl says and I nod. "I like you."