CHAPTER | 43

After they got home from their vacation the boys practiced and Yuri did talk to Kōshi who said he understood and promised to not push too much. A few weeks had gone by after the little trip and everyone was getting ready for the the next matches along with practice for Nationals.
   Yuri still had tutoring and Kei was still doing his own work for the business, yet they both still did their part for the volleyball club. Her parents were suddenly home longer, though they didn't change their schedules to make time for each other, especially because their mother hadn't apologized.

   It was Sunday and Yuri had just finished cleaning up the house, still being only nine in the morning. Kōshi came down and made everyone breakfast but only their father came out of the room.

   "How about we all go on a family vacation?" He asked as they started eating. "We can go camping, we used to do that a lot when you guys were kids."

   "We have tutoring, volleyball, and studying to do." Kōshi answered for the both of them, not looking up from his plate.

   Yuri finished her food. 'I'm leaving now.'

   "Have fun!" Kōshi called and looked at his dad who sat at the table drinking his coffee. "Why are you guys home so much now?"

   Taro looked up at his son and shrugged. "I thought about you and your sister... we should have been more present in both of your lives and—"

Knock knock

   "Nevermind." He cut him off. "I have to go. That's Asahi, we're doing a secret santa thing for the holidays."

   "I could have taken you to the store."

   "Yeah.... Well I already asked Asahi." He walked out of the kitchen.

   He opened the door to see the girl. "Oh, Nakamura-san... Yuri isn't here."

   "I came to talk to uh... your... mother." She said and smiled. "Business stuff."

   He looked at her, a briefcase in hand as she wore a brown pants suit, a white shirt underneath with white heels, and golden jewelry.

   "You want to work with the company my parents work with?" He asked and stepped outside with her. "You know they're not good people."

   "Oh trust me, I know." She nodded. "That's actually why I'm here, we don't want them as partners, more like a deal, we pay them to stop or they'll..."
   She stopped and looked at Kōshi. "I'm sorry, can I talk to Mrs. Sugawara-san? Or your father, it's really just business."

   "Oh yeah, come in." He let her in. "Dad, Miss Nakamura is here."

   "Please enter." He said and she bowed to him.

   "Is your wife home?"

   "I'll go get her."

   "Please sit." Kōshi motioned for her to sit. "Would you like some tea or something? We also have coffee."

   "No thank you." She smiled and he nodded. "Weren't you going out?"

   "Right! Bye, nice to see you again."

   "You too."

***

   Yuri walked into the building it was finished but empty of furniture and all, it smelled clean and looked clean too, a few people were there for electric work and things like that. The girl came with Mrs. Tsukishima as she asked her to help with prepping the building.
   She could have easily said no but wanted to leave a good impression with the woman. She had just finished her session with Miura and met up with Mrs. Tsukishima at the new building.
   The two walked around pointing things out to each other, Yuri doing her best to talk more with the woman.