CHAPTER | 49

• 3rd POV •

   Kei typed into his laptop, finishing up some work that he had from Tokyo and confirming a few appointments. He wanted to finish work for the day and tomorrow because of the company party. He didn't hate working at his family's company, he just didn't like having all that work or traveling.
   Finally the train pulled into the station so he closed his laptop and stuffed it into his backpack. He got off the train ready to go home, seeing all the decorations around and people being all lovey dovey. There was Christmas music playing all around him, the same music he's been hearing all over the office, hotel, and department stores.

   I want to go home. He whined to himself, done with Christmas but he had to go to a little Christmas party, his best friend had planned. Speak of the devil.

   Yuri and Tadashi stood waiting. He was holding a sign with balloons, she was holding flowers and a few gift bags.
The blonde rolled his eyes and turned the other way.

   "Tsukki! Wait!" He heard Tadashi call and heard the two run after him.

   Yuri pushed the flowers and balloons towards him before pulling out her notepad.

   'Don't be a jerk, it's Christmas Eve.'

   "Why are you here? I thought you weren't supposed to be seen with me."

   "I invited her." Tadashi tells him. "I mean, you were both coming to my house anyway."

   Kei sighed. "You're both embarrassing, let's go."

  They all walked towards Tadashi's house, Kei and Tadashi walking together as they caught up. Yuri was behind them, holding the balloons and the flowers because Kei didn't want to.
    She didn't really mind it. She was trying to listen to the boys but her thoughts always drifted to her brother and Daichi. Usually they would meet up on Christmas night to exchange gifts.

   "What about you?" She looked at Kei. "You really should pay attention."

   'I was.'

   "No, you weren't."

   "We were talking about our favorite parts about Christmas. Tsukki said he liked the lights."

I look at him and smiled. "That's so lame."

"What do you like?"

She thought about it. "The music."

"You? Music?! Yeah right." He chuckles. "Little Miss Freak, likes music. Do you sing? Let me hear, sing us a Christmas carol."

She blushed but walks past him and pulls Tadashi along because he would let her into the house. Kei kept teasing her about Christmas music while Tadashi tried to get him to stop.

They stepped into the warm house, instantly hit with the smell of cookies and pine. They removed their shoes, mittens, hats, and coats only to follow Tadashi into the kitchen.
On the table was a plate of undecorated gingerbread men and different colored icings along with different types of candies for decorating.

"No." Kei tried to leave.

"Come on, this is our first Christmas together." Tadashi stopped him. "I don't want to just open presents and leave."