CHAPTER | 24

ʚ|| 3RD POV ||ɞ

   Crickets chirpped around her as she walked home, a light breeze caused her hair to float behind her, the only light available were the lamposts at every corner. Yet the girl was lost in her own head, replaying the meeting for the millionth time, trying to make sense of the whole thing. She was walking aimlessly to certain places hoping to feel something.
Yuri stopped as soon as she got to the front of her house and saw two boys standing there. They looked at her for a moment and she felt like reality slapped her across the face, especially seeing the tears running down her brother's face.
   Daichi and Kōshi ran over to her hugging her. The older brother yelled at his sister as tears streamed down his face but she was confused, wondering why he was so hysterical.

   "Do you know what time it is!?" He yelled and softened up as she looked at her watch. "You lied! I called the shop and she said you never went in!"

   "Kōshi, calm down." Daichi told the boy and pulled him away slightly.

   "I—I"

   She didn't know what to say, her mind was blank because she didn't think of a cover up story. The girl didn't even expect to be home so late.
   It was late, 12:30 to be exact, after what happened earlier that spring she couldn't blame her brother for being worried it was her fault. The only reason for her lateness was because she spent most of her time walking around alone to the places that made her feel something little did she know that time wasn't on her side, reality eventually caught up to her.

   "Where were you!?" Her brother asked. "Do you know how worried I was for you!?"

   She nodded because she did, she knew how worried he was, looking at how his body trembled and how the tears sank down his face. Even Daichi had been crying. Yuri didn't know how to tell them the truth because she didn't want Tsukki to find out and that meant she had to lie to everyone.
   She quickly scribbled on the notebook and held it up to her brother, 'I'm sorry for lying. I'm really sorry.' As her brother read the notebook there was never a time that she felt so useless, she knew her body was showing no sort of emotion but she felt every bit of guilt that built in her body.

   "Sorry, really. I didn't plan to stay out so late, even so I should have called you." She said and they both looked at her, they stepped back as she stared at her feet.

   "Wh-What happened?" Daichi asked genuinely concerned as he stepped towards her but stopped.

   "You Idiot!" He pushed her head down but she didn't need to look at him to know who it was.
   She struggled to pull his hand away but he kept it there as he glared at Daichi.

   "Let's get inside." Daichi pulled on Kōshi who refused to leave for the sake of his own sister. "She's safe, we need to tell everyone that you made worry. Come on Suga."

   Kōshi sighed and pulled his sister from Kei's hand only to pull her into a tight hug, she hugged him back until he let go and went inside. Daichi hesitated before hugging her tightly whispering something under his breath but it wasn't audible enough for Yuri to understand. He followed Kōshi inside and contacted everyone to assure them Yuri was okay.
   As Kōshi was on the phone he looked out the window at the girl, teh two teens stared at each other until she looked down at her trusted notebook, the pen hovering over the already written sheet, yet they never met. Daichi knew there was a problem with the girl, something changed and it wasn't for the better.
   He continued to watch as Tsukishima muttered something to the girl and threw the notebook aside, the Third-year was ready to go out and yell at his underclassman but saw as he embraced the girl.

・ ⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・ ⋆

   "You're an idiot." Tsukishima muttered and let go of her.