CHAPTER | 03

"Here ya go." Kōshi sang as he handed the silent girl her lunch bag. "I made you a bento box!"

Yuri nodded basically thanking him. He smiled at her brightly which she never understood. How could I be so cold towards someone I care about?
"Don't forget your umbrella." Kōshi handed that to her. "Do you want me to pick you up today? We have a break day from club activities so we can go buy things to actually make dinner together."

"I have practice." Yuri replied as they walked out. "Sorry."

"It's fine! I'll have dinner ready!" Kōshi rubbed the back of his neck. "Oh and I can set up a bath and we can eat after!"

Yuri nodded but she hated how he was babying her. She loved her brother because he was the only person who really cared about her, but it was sometimes annoying. She took her umbrella and thanked him once again only to leave in the opposite direction.

Kōshi watch as his sister walked alone, the smile painted on his face until she was gone, the smile disappeared and was replaced with a worried frown. He had moved to another middle school, he did it so he could be on the same volleyball team with Daichi but sometimes he felt like it was selfish. He felt like Yuri hated him for leaving her all alone, like their mother had and soon their father had.
Kōshi made sure to take care her. If she were to get sick on a school day he would stay to take care of her, there was only one time Yuri kicked him out for school. She was growing more independent and started pushing him away but he never wanted to leave her alone so he pushed himself back.
It's all he could do.

"Suga-san!" He ran towards Daichi and they started talking.

・ ⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・ ⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・

Yuri arrived at the small drug store, the bell rang as she pulled open the door. She gave a wave to the clerk who greeted her and then made her way to the back to find the hairclips. She found the package with the same hairclip along with a few others.
She bought them and walked out using the reflection off the window to put on the hairclip. It was weird to her since she usually never wore anything but elastics in her hair. She sighed because she never saw herself doing something for a boy especially one like the tall beanpole.

⇉ ⇉ ⇉ ⇉ ⇉ ⇉

"Hey, freak." Yuri ignored the boy but they walked by her side. "Maybe I do want to make you cry."

"Stop.." Yams whispered.

Yuri walked into her class only to start getting bullied by Morie and the other two girls along with other students in her class. She sat down and Tsukishima watched as the boy took her pencil and broke it right in front of her as the rest of the class laughed. She didn't have any reaction and used what was left of the pencil.

"Hey!" Yamaguchi ducked down after he yelled that.

The students looked at Tsukki who looked at them. The boy with glasses walked away with his hands in his pocket but he caught one last glimpse of the pale girl. Yamaguchi followed with his head hanging low, he felt ashamed for quickly backing out.

   "Why didn't you say anything?" Yams asked.

   "We don't know her." Tsukishima replied and they sat in their class. "She should speak up for herself. She has a voice right we heard it."

   Yamaguchi clenched his fist but he bit his tongue and they continued the day.

⇉ ⇉ ⇉ ⇉ ⇉ ⇉

   Yuri walked out of the classroom and heard the footsteps behind her but then someone walked over to her side.

"Say this." Tsukishima handed her a sheet of paper and turned her to the group in her class.