CHAPTER | 44

Kei walked out of his house, it was late and Emiko wasn't home yet, Yuri wasn't replying to his messages, and Kōshi had blocked him for the night.
He decided to take a walk, his eyes were strained from being in from of the computer all day. That and he wanted to clear his mind from the fight he had with Yuri earlier. Apart of him wanted to apologize over the phone because it would be quick but a tiny part of him wanted to do it in person because it would mean more.
Though, he still found her relationship with his father very suspicious and it annoyed him to an extent. He wondered why his father cared so much, no he knew why, Kei wondered if he would lose Yuri on his father's account.

   He walked to his girlfriends house, sneaking up the house and through her window. Yuri jumped from her desk and glared at him as he chuckled, she ignored him, turning back to her work.

   "Yuri," He walks over and crouches down next to her. "Look at me."

   She didn't, she focused on her work without giving him a reaction. The boy sighed and rested his chin on the desk, looking over her notes and things.

   "That's wrong." He pointed out. "That one too."

   Again, no reaction.

   Kei watched for a while, the two sat in silence until he got extremely bored. He glanced at her free hands, slipping his finger under and she pulled away.

   "You're mad?" He finally asks only to continued to be ignored. "Yuri, talk to me."

Nothing. He looked at her, his eyes scanned her side profile, going down every little curve that structured her face. Her hair wasn't damp so he knew she hadn't showered yet but her skin had a glow to it. Her lashes stuck together like she had been crying and that made his heartache a little.

"Fine." He sighed standing up. He walked behind her chair, his hand lightly grazed up her neck, nudging her chin back. "We'll talk when you're ready."

Yuri's face grew red as he leaned down, she slammed her eyes shut expecting a kiss that she was too weak to handle at the moment, but instead she felt Kei place a kiss on her forehead unlike she expected.

"Don't stay up too late." He whispers and leaves through the window.

Yuri stared at the window, she hated that she wasn't going after him, that she was ignoring him in order to try and figure out what she wanted. She had to make a choice soon and she was no where close to having one.
She turned off the light and walked out of her room with her towel.

"Are you okay?" Kōshi asks.

She nodded walking past him into the bathroom, trying to not acknowledge the hate she suddenly had for him.

————— FLASH BACK ————

The family sat around the table, a high tension filled the air, mainly from one person in particular. Yuri poked at her food, she had gotten off the phone with Mr. Tsukishima as he asked her about her day with his wife, it wasn't the worst conversation she's had with him but it still had a feeling.
She also didn't want to look at her mother who was clearly upset, Mayumi has always been unable to hide her emotions, though she was good at suppressing them.

"Yuri, stop playing with your food." She finally spoke out.

"Leave her alone—"

"I wasn't speaking with you." The woman said, not even glancing at her son.

"Mayumi, not right now."

Yuri looked up at her mother whose eyes were already locked on her.

"Mom, please just leave—"