CHAPTER | 26

⚠️Tw; Slight mention of suicide.⚠️

   Yuri walked to class exhausted after telling everyone that they did good and she'll see them after school. The only good thing now was that she could have silence for the next four hours until lunch.
   She sat down in her usual spot and got ready for the rest of the day, not wanting to think about anyone but herself at the moment especially the Tsukishima family that she now feared because of Mr. Tsukishima.

   Just four hours. She thought to herself and sighed.

⇉ ⇉ ⇉ ⇉ ⇉ ⇉

As class ended for lunch to start, the girl packed her stuff and realized she didn't pack herself a lunch. Instead of staying inside she walked out of the classroom, usually she only ever walked out with the two boys or she would have just stayed in class alone.
   The girl felt the eyes on her as she passed everyone, she hadn't been bullied since third-year of Junior high but still felt like any second someone might say something.

   "Hey, freak." She looked at Tsukishima as he walked out of the classroom. "Where are you going?"

   "I forgot to pack a lunch." She replied and walked over to him. "I'm going to get something to eat from the vending machine."

   Tsukishima stopped and looked her over, that simple sentence was enough to catch him off guard and wonder if there was something truly wrong. As he examined the girl he saw the dust of pink over her cheeks and noticed her not meeting his eyes. He tried his best to get into her vision but she would just shift her eyes, he tried to tease he but she wasn't giving in.
   He wanted to ask her what was wrong but felt like it wouldn't go answered, no, he knew that she would never tell him what the problem was. Apparently to the blonde it was a waste of time, and at the moment it would have been because she would never tell him.

   "Or Ukai's store." He suggested and walked out. "Hurry up or we'll get in trouble."

   Yuri followed him and the couple walked side by side down the hill. It was silent but they both loved to just be in each other's presence.

   "Hello." Tsukishima announced as they stepped in.

   "You two aren't supposed to leave the school grounds." Ukai grumbled with the cigarette in his mouth.

   "They changed the rules since you were last there." Tsukishima lied and picked up two meatbuns and paid with a smug smile. "We just came to get a snack don't worry, goodbye."

He pulled the girl out after paying and the smile fell off his face, he handed her one of the meatbuns and took one for himself.

"Remember when you and Oni—"

   "Why aren't you writing on your notebook?" He cut her off. "I told you to only talk aloud when it was important."

   "I want to start talking to you ... well everyone." She said and took a bite of the warm bun.

   "But why?" He continued to push as they made it back to school grounds. "Why the drastic change?"

   Yuri didn't want to reply, not having an answer ready for the question. She takes another bite from the bun, this one much bigger taking over her whole mouth so she couldn't speak. He rested his arm on the top of her head as they stopped. He watched her chew and then took the meat bun.