CHAPTER | 39

Kei walked into the building and greeted everyone who greeted him, the girl was following close behind her, both teens dressed for Kei's first real important business meeting. He didn't look nervous since he had spent the whole morning with Emiko practicing and giving his presentation.

"Slow down, Tsukishima." The girl said and he stopped. "The closer we get the more nervous you get, isn't that interesting?"

   He looked at her and sighed following her into the elevator. "This is my first real meeting and my father isn't here to supervise it."

   "But I am." She stepped up to him and fixed his crooked tie. "If you mess up pass it off as a joke and I'll cover and swiftly send it back to you. If all goes well than you'll be looking at the best partners you could ever ask for."

   "Cocky much?" The boy teased.

   "It's confidence." She brushed at his shoulder and pulled away standing with that confidence. "After being shut down and not getting taken serious you learn to develop it."

   The girl really did look much more mature, her hair tied back but still wisps of hair perfectly framed her face. She wore a suit something Kei didn't expect but has heard of on occasions, hearing that she always got what she wanted when wearing a suit, it happened with her mother as well. Something made the Nakamura family look more dominant in suits which scared most men. Yet she still looked feminine because "It may be a game for men but it's a job for women."
   Those were the words Mrs. Nakamura told her daughter, and the words her mother told her hearing it from them when she grew an empire. A Nakamura saying.

   Kei stepped into the meeting most of the guests were already sitting but quickly got up as Emiko stepped in, they all greeted each other and watched as Kei set up.

   "We apologize for being the only two to present." Emiko spoke and smiled, a mature smile. "Mr. Tsukishima."

   "Thank you." He bowed and the lights shut off, the blinds of the windows closing. "Let's begin."

~~~

   "Yuri." She looked at the boy. "Hey it seems like you're out of it."

   'Sorry.' She wrote and he looked at her.

   "Let's call it a day." He started packing up and she did the same. "So whats been on your mind?"

   The girl glanced at her tutor, Miura Akio, a second year from Aoba Johsai. Her parents really hired her a tutor and he was a recommendation from a family friend. The girl tried to say that she was sorry and wanted to push him away so he would quit but he hasn't backed out.
   He was nice, they often met at libraries or cafes to study and he would buy her a drink, his studying methods helped the girl more than she would like to admit.

   'Nothing.' She lied.

   He also didn't seem to care that she only ever communicated using a pen and notepad.

   "Well I hope that nothing blows over soon, you're doing really well." He opened the door and she walked out. "Tomorrow if you still can't concentrate you can cancle the session."

   'Oh about that.' He hummed watching as she scribbled something down. 'I won't be able to make it to the session on Saturday and Sunday.'

   "Okay." He nodded. "But I'll see you tomorrow?"
   She nodded and he smiled. "Bye then."

   Yuri looked at her phone, still having an good half hour before she had to meet with Mr. Tsukishima. She had convinced Miura to a study session in the plaza where the cafe was close too. It was an open out door layout with a park and large field in front of it, where she decided to sit and try to relax.