Chapter : Two

EDITED

•  •  •

•  •  •

"Drained"
Chapter 002

» 受け «

❝ I do not care what you think unless it is about me, Darling.❞

" : R-RYOMEN SUKUNA?

"Ah so you do remember," he chuckled, relinquishing his hold around your neck. Tossing his head back, a smug smirk painted his lips.

Generating flames within his palm, you observed in silence, your gaze brimming with curiosity and uncertainty. He commenced a circular motion with his hands, a choreography that triggered memories of certain individuals within the palace practicing covertly.

Though you had heard of this practice, witnessing it up close was an entirely different experience. The spectacle left you nearly spellbound, an undercurrent of astonishment woven through your thoughts.

He set the room ablaze, flames consuming everything, gradually reducing it to a somber expanse of ashes.

"Burn," his voice held an icy edge, his gaze unwaveringly locked onto yours. In short order, a sinister grin materialized on his face. Shaking your head, you rose to your feet, your hands betraying a subtle tremor born of fear.

"No... please.. don't leave me!" You kept repeating, begging for your life. He stopped in his tracks, tilting his head to the side, as a smug smirk appeared on his devilish face.

Attempting to crawl toward him, your body faltered, betraying your intentions as you slumped back to the floor, each breath coming in ragged gasps. Terrified by the presence of the man before you, an odd dichotomy emerged—you yearned to place your trust in him, surrendering your fate into his grasp.

"Ha?" he scoffed, a harsh glare accompanying the derisive sound.

"You humans amaze me every day, begging me to save your life..? Which curse would help a lowly weak peasant." He spat, his face turning into a dark serious expression.

The room was soon filled with smoke, making it harder for you to breathe.

"I must admit... I didn't kill you that day because I wanted to see you grow into an interesting sorcerer since but little was I aware a weakling like you would have such a pitiful disease ... it's almost disgusting." He said casually.

"Then why don't you just kill me now!" Your words punctuated by coughs, irritation colored your tone. You recognized your own frailty, despising the incessant reminders from everyone, as if their criticism somehow escaped your awareness.