Chapter : Five

• • •

•  •  •

• • •

"Drained"
Chapter 005

» 受け «

❝ He set fire to the world around him, but never let a flame touch her.❞

" : YOU WERE UNSURE.

You had no desire to see him again, and you were uncertain about his well-being or whether he was even alive. Over the passing years, his appearance had faded from your memory, leaving only a blurred image in your mind.

Contemplating your response, you caught yourself biting your lower lip. "Must I?" you inquired, seeking an alternative to the current predicament.

Sukuna's response was a piercing stare matched with a subtle curl of his lips. "Without a doubt," he remarked, the click of his tongue accompanying his words.

Naturally, you were devoid of any real choice in the matter. Even if you had voiced your objections, he would have manipulated you into compliance. There was no evading this man, after all.

With a deliberate nod, you rose from your seat.

"Very well then." His fingers closed around your arm, a swift tug propelling you forward. The sudden motion prompted an involuntary yelp to escape your lips. You walked beside Sukuna, trailed by Uraume who followed with a bowed head.

"Lady Yua wished to convey that she awaits your arrival," Uraume spoke up, prompting a dissatisfied click of Sukuna's tongue.

"Tell her not to wait, as we will be absent for a while," Sukuna responded. But who exactly was Lady Yua?

After a 20-minute stroll, the three of you finally reached the gates of Takayama village. Sukuna came to a halt, his attention shifting to you.

His gaze roved over your form, meticulously observing every nuance from head to toe. An uncomfortable frown formed as you felt the weight of Sukuna's scrutiny. "Is there something on me?" you inquired, a nervous undercurrent tingeing your tone.

"You seem a little too well for someone who survived a massacre." He stated, a confused expression playing on you now. "Uraume, give her some beating." He calmly stated making your body go tense. "W-what!" you exclaimed. Uraume appeared in a split second in front of you as she kicked you into the stomach which made you fall down to the ground, earning a groan. She then casually continued to repeatedly beat you up.

Sukuna wasn't planning to harm you but he didn't let her beat you up to hard for it to leave marks, after all, you'd heal in a while.

When you were completely bruised with dark marks around your body, Uraume stepped away, looking at Sukuna for his approval.  You were in a state of shock, your body trembling in fear.