Chapter : Six

• • •

•  •  •

• • •

"Drained"
Chapter 006

» 受け «

❝She was as soft as an angel but oh, she could love with the fury of a demon.❞

Toru

The name you had desperately tried to forget.

The truth is that, deep down you could tell it was him by the way he talked and the playful demeanor he would set up. However, despite the clear signs, you were reluctant, resisting the belief that it could truly be him. Admitting as much would lend credence to her father's prophetic words.

"Obviously it was all staged!"

Those words echoed incessantly in your mind, and perhaps, he was onto something – a meticulously designed façade.

The motive remained a puzzle, though its resolution seemed inconsequential now. You had been abandoned and dismissed as usual, a fate all too familiar.

You shrugged off these thoughts and walked away with purpose.

Guided to the guest quarters, you settled in, indulging in a swift bath before adorning the light pink kimono presented by the servant.

Allowing a weary sigh to escape your lips, you sank into the bed's embrace. The day had been relentless, and your contemplations revolved around what steps to take next.

How could you relay this information to Sukuna? Astonishingly, the idea of aiding HIM didn't perturb you as much as you expected.

Despite being a evil wicked curse, he was very handsome, no denying that. You sometimes caught yourself mesmerized by his beauty. 

You scolded yourself for thinking that way, but who could really blame you? He did look handsome when he appeared as a human. Even though he seemed a little scary and intimidating. If only he wasn't such a bad and wicked person, wanting only destruction and power, women would probably be running after him.

Just thinking about it gave you shivers.

Out of nowhere, a wrapped paper came flying in your direction from the area around your door. Startled, you flinched and quickly turned your head toward the source.

You picked up the paper and read it.

"Meet me in the backyard."

Perhaps it was Uraume?

He did say that Uruame would inform you of your next move.