Chapter : Seventeen

• • •

• • •

"Drained"

Chapter 017

» 受け «

"You resemble a blue tulip."

(tw/ self harm)

After you woke up in your chamber, you found yourself pacing relentlessly, desperately searching for any object that could be used to harm yourself. Yin knew you didn't value your life as a normal human should do so he had instructed the guards to remove any potential weapons or sources of harm. Having spent a year at your side, Yin had gathered enough knowledge about you, and he would be lying if he said that you hadn't grown on him.

Yin positioned himself near the chamber door, ensuring it was locked, while guards stationed themselves outside the windows per his command.

"Yin, I won't repeat myself. Bring me a knife!" you pleaded, finally succumbing to your knees.

"I apologize, my lady, but I don't believe I can comply with that request," Yin responded with a sigh.

"Your well-being is my top priority," he added.

Overwhelmed by despair, you collapsed in tears, burying your face in your hands. "I can't bear to live, Yin. Please Yin I beg you, end my life," you cried out. The tears transformed into uncontrollable sobs. Your love for Sukuna was all too great. You were well aware of how improper you behaved at the dinner. You hated how you were slowly turning into those pitiful concubines. It made you despise yourself.

Yin exhaled deeply, his heart aching for your pitiful state. "I apologize, my lady. I'm truly sorry," he murmured, genuinely wishing for an end to your ceaseless days of despair, hoping that one day a smile would grace your lips again. Your happiness was all he longed for.

As one of Sukuna's most faithful servants, Yin had been assigned to numerous ladies in the past, but none had captured his affection quite like you. The Lord to whom he had pledged unwavering loyalty now left him feeling utterly hopeless. If only he could save you from this dreadful life. Fate was truly playing a cruel trick on you.

"Perhaps tending to the garden would help, my lady. Your plants are in need of watering," Yin suggested, attempting to divert your attention, knowing well that things were far from simple. The spark of life had left within you, leaving everything devoid of joy.

"May I...may I request a moment with Sukuna...?" you uttered, his name rolling off your tongue, a familiarity that had long been absent.

Yin nodded, recognizing it as the least he could do. "Of course."