Last : Chapter

• • •

• • •

"DRAINED"
last chapter

» 受け «
( laufey - promise )
( billie - goodbye)

"End the final."

Ten years later.

You moved through the crowd, searching with your eyes for someone. The market was busy with people going about their daily routines.

"Mom!" Akito rushed over, tugging at your kimono. You turned to face your son's gentle gaze. "We've been looking everywhere for you," Akito said, sighing.

"O-oh... Why are you here, Akito?" you responded softly, your fingers brushing through his hair as a faint smile formed on your lips.

Getou Omaru came up behind Akito, clearly irritated. "Lady Huan, you can't keep disappearing like this," Omaru said. He was your husband's eldest son.

"I went to gather flowers..." you told Omaru with a feeble smile. "Aren't flowers lovely?" you added.

(tw: mention of r@pe )

Omaru sighed. You had experienced severe memory loss a few years ago due to trauma. Life at the Getou House hadn't improved matters; if anything, it had become worse. Getou Muchen, your husband, would physically harm you when you resisted having sexual intimacy with him. He had raped you numerous times and even instructed the staff not to provide you with food since you had gained weight over the past week.

There was a night when you attempted to escape while pregnant, only for Getou to apprehend you. He confined and tormented you even after you gave birth. Every sound and movement made you flinch. You grew mentally frail, and your surroundings seemed to close in on you. Anxiety surged whenever someone spoke to you. You hardly spoke and struggled to care for Akito. The other four wives also battled depression, though they managed to appear strong, often perceived as stern and distant.

Occasionally, you would leave the mansion and wander until the servants found you once more. This marked your third instance of aimlessly strolling into the city.

"It would be in your best interest to return Lady Huan. I fear Father is furious." Omaru said, his arms crossed in front of him.

"Oh! But there's someone waiting for me," you said with a slight pout, your gaze dropping to the ground as you let out a disappointed sigh.

Omaru arched an eyebrow. "And who might that be?" he inquired, while Akito stood next to him, feeling a rush of sadness. He couldn't bear to see his mother like this. She often spoke to Akito about someone named Sukuna. It was impossible to talk to you without mentioning his name. Your eyes that were lifeless and dull would spark at the mention of his name.