Seven

Eloise Waldorf

All night I tossed and turned. I couldn't sleep easily knowing that all that separated me and two former death eaters was one thin wall.

The fact that I was responsible for them was also weighing on me. I didn't want anything to do with the two of them. I didn't want to look at them, speak to them, or even be in the same vicinity as them, and here I am, lying in bed with both of their wands in my dresser drawer.

Finally, when I realized deep sleep was not going to come, I gave up on it, and surrendered to a fully awake state.

A shower. That sounded nice. And maybe I could actually play some music. Yeah...that sounded wonderful actually. I didn't realize it, but I was somewhat nervous for my first day back. My last first day back at Hogwarts. Everyone's first day back in the new and improving wizarding world.

A hot shower and something to drown out the anxieties in my head. That sounded like a blissful way to start the day.

I flipped the shower on, and hot steam filled the room, and my lungs. Like a blanket wrapping around me.

"Accio music box." My sleep-ridden voice stated.

A small, metal box was brought to my hand. This was actually a present from Ron, Harry, and Hermione.

A birthday present.

It is a charmed little box was once opened, playing whatever music its owner would like to hear based on his or her mood.

If I'm anxious, it plays a lullaby. If I'm happy, it plays a cheery song. If I'm relaxed or stressing, it plays mellow music.

I cherished it, really. It has made my love for music and singing and dancing around like an idiot grow exponentially.

The shower greeted me with open arms, and all of the remnants from last night's restless sleep went down the drain.

The music emitting from the small metal box was a mix of alternative and flowy as I described it. Not all sun shine and rainbows, but one that made me feel angsty and sad.

This small metal box was honestly like a mood ring of sorts. Based on the music it played, it helped me better understand what I was feeling. It sounded so ridiculous to anyone I explained it to, but it was true. When I couldn't explain what I was feeling, the metal box could.

I hummed softly to the music and massaged the vanilla birch scented shampoo into my hair. This scent was one I had been using since I was a child, and it held a great amount of comforting nostalgia to it.

The white noise created by the shower and the lulling sounds of the music put me into some sort of a trance and I ran the conditioner through my hair and scrubbed my body with the same scented soap.

I almost felt like I could go back to sleep right now, but I would surely end up sleeping over time, and that would not be the best way to start off my final year here.

I'm sure over at Gryffindor tower, Hermione was getting everyone up and at it, just to prevent any first day class skipping or tardiness.

I could hear Ron now, whining and complaining, while Hermione yanks the covers off of him.

Sadly, my blissful shower escape had to come to an end. As I stepped out, my stomach growled in protest of my light dinner I had the night before.