Eleven

Eloise Waldorf

Ginny was decked out head to toe in every piece of Gryffindor apparel that existed.

Hat, gloves, socks, jumper, pants.

Her cheeks were painted with a lion on the right, and "#7 is my boyfriend" on the other side.

Hermione had one cheek painted with a "#3" for Ron, and was much more toned down than Ginny.

"Eloise...Hufflepuff sweater, Ravenclaw scarf, Gryffindor hat...who are you going for here?" Ginny asked, making a face at anything that wasn't maroon and gold.

"I've decided to just cheer when other people cheer and be content with the outcome either way." I nodded to reaffirm my statement.

"Oh look. I didn't think Pansy was coming." Hermione pointed discreetly down the stands from where we were standing, "How nice."

I spotted the dark haired former-Slytherin standing next to Blaise Zabini, whose arm was slung around her shoulders casually.

"Looks like Nott came with them too—" I gave him a small wave when I saw him glance this way.

His face lit up and he waved back to me.

All at once, every former Slytherin standing in their little group all looked at me at the exact same time with striking gazes.

They didn't look menacing or mean. Their stares weren't harsh or cruel.

It almost seemed like they were waiting for me to notice them. Like they knew something I didn't.

To my surprise, I found that Draco's eyes were a pair that was staring back at me as well.

He mumbled something that I couldn't make out from this far away, and everyone's gaze returned back to the pitch in front of them.

"What the hell was that?" Ginny chuckled, looking from the group to me and back again.

"How do they always move in synch like that?" Cho Change chimed in with a shiver.

"I asked Pansy that before. The answer is a bit...unsettling, to be honest." Hermione looked down to the ground timidly, "But, it has something to do with their marks and their—uh—training...after they received them. They are just...in synch. Without even trying."

I shuddered at the mention of the dark marks. And training.

Ugh.

"Oh! It's starting! Look, there's Cedric!" Hermione nudged me excitedly and pointed at him flying through the air.

Ginny's shouts and cheers were nearly deafening, but I didn't mind.

I greatly admired her enthusiasm. It was refreshing to see.

Quidditch matches used to be so much fun.

The entire day filled with excitement and buzz as the game time inches closer and closer. People decked out in their best house wear to show their pride.

Fred and George placing bets on games that they weren't playing in.

Fred.

I remember helping Lavender Brown and Pavarti Patil paint their faces with red and gold paints in their common room before the Gryffindor Slytherin game our 5th year.