Fourteen

Eloise Waldorf

I woke up to the smell of bacon, and immediately my mouth started to water. I hadn't eaten much last night, and now I was glad that I decided not to drink last night. I hated being hungover. 

The long drag of that muggle weed still burned in my throat. I had only done that a few times before, but there was something about the high I got from it last night that was absolutely euphoric. Maybe it was because of the adrenaline rush I got after seeing the look on Draco's face when he saw me kiss Cedric. 

Holy fuck, I kissed Cedric Diggory. 

Fuck, I was ballsy last night, wasn't I?

I heard a back and forth conversation happening outside of my door, and concluded that they must have been using my kitchen. Not surprising, considering the only food they had in their kitchen was Leprechaun Crunch Cereal.

I got up, brushed my teeth, and threw on a jumper over the t-shirt and shorts I wore to bed. I grabbed my wand as well as their wands out from where I hid them every night, and headed out towards the smell of bacon 

"Good morning, sunshine!" Theodore exclaimed as I opened my bedroom door. He stood in my kitchen, trying his best to cook without magic, "How ya feeling?" 

I shrugged leaning in the door frame casually. 

"Completely fine, actually." I stated, and Draco's ears suddenly perked up, "I didn't feel like being hungover this morning so I just opted for the muggle herb stuff." 

Draco's jaw tensed a bit, and he spun his coffee cup in his hands a bit. 

"Really?" Theo asked, sounding quite shocked at my admission, "Smart girl." he tapped a finger to his temple. 

I walked over into the kitchen, not even glancing at Draco as I passed him to get tea started in the kettle. 

"Shelia, my darling!" Theo exclaimed as I handed him his wand, "Oh how I have missed you." 

He immediately cast a charm to resume the rest of his cooking for him, before leaning back against the counter and taking a sip of his coffee. 

I handed Draco his wand, and he looked at it for a moment before finally taking it and slipping it up the sleeve of the black jumper he wore. 

Theo and I chatted as I fixed my tea, and Draco just continued to sulk as he sipped from his mug. 

What's wrong, Draco? See something you didn't like?

I kept my smugness to myself. 

There was a small knock at the door, which was odd, because I wasn't expecting anyone. When I opened the door, there stood Jackson, still in his pajama pants with one of our father's jumpers on. 

"I woke up too late for breakfast." he yawned, "And I smell bacon."

He pushed passed me without even giving me time to get a word out. Jackson hadn't met Theo and Draco, but I am sure he's heard all about them. The younger ones always whispered as they walked by. I can only imagine what he has heard, and what he probably thinks about the two of them. 

"Hi!" Theo chirped, waving at Jackson as if he weren't a few feet away. 

Draco said nothing, of course. He just glanced our direction and went back to looking at the mug in his hands. 

"H-hi." Jackson said, sounding a bit tentative now. 

I shut the door and walked up behind him, putting a hand on his shoulder to try and ease his apprehension.