Nine

Eloise Waldorf

"Hey! Ellie, wait up!" I heard shouted behind me as I walked out of Muggle Studies with Hermione.

"I'll talk to you later." Hermione grinned mischievously and trotted off to wait outside of Ron's class for him to come out.

"Hey, Cedric, what's up?" I smiled as he came up beside me.

The smell of cinnamon rushed over me as he exhaled into a big smile. It was comforting.

"I just wanted to check up on you after this morning. I know Malfoy can be a proper git and you seemed pretty upset. I just wanted to make sure everything was alright." He stated, his kind eyes locking onto mine, making warm fuzzies fill my empty stomach.

"Oh...yeah I'm okay. I'm not going to let them get under my skin. Not anymore." I nodded assuringly.

"Good. That's good. Um...I was wondering if you maybe wanted to...hang out, today? Quidditch practice doesn't start until tomorrow and I thought we could catch up and just...hang out, you know?" he rubbed the back of his neck nervously.

Internally I was screaming my fucking head off.

Cedric Diggory. Dark curly hair, green eyes, perfect lips, pristine jawline...wanted to hang out with me?

Good thing Ginny wasn't here, or she would be losing her mind just as much as I was.

"Yeah, I would love to. We can...head to my place if you want. It just right here." I tried to sound breezing but I was afraid I was way too excited to come off as casual.

"Sure. Yeah that sounds good." He adjusted the strap of his bag on his shoulder and followed me to the door of the Ravenclaw common room. I mutter the password quietly and he followed me inside.

"McGonagall really went out with the renovations, didn't she? That time I was in here this place looked like more of an ancient library...dust and all." Cedric trailed his eyes around the room.

I playfully nudged his shoulder. "This is the best common room and you know it. Isn't Hufflepuff just filled with plants and...I don't know...plants?" I chuckled as we ascended the stairs to the upper rooms.

"Hey, we have more than just plants, smart ass." He laughed.

Holy fuck he was hot.

My heart started to pound in my ears.

Don't fuck this up, Ellie. This could be good for you.

"I haven't gotten the chance to clean everything up properly so excuse the mess." I tucked a piece of hair behind my ear.

"What mess? Ellie, it's flawless in here. Pristine, even. My place looked like a pig sty in comparison."

"You're being dramatic." I narrowed my eyes at him and dropped my bag onto the counter.

I tossed my bag on an arm chair and walked over to the kitchen. "Would you like something to drink? Err—well—I mean I only have water right now so...would you like some water? Or—or tea? I can put the kettle on." I was beginning to become flustered and I kicked myself for it internally.

"Tea sounds wonderful, actually, thank you." He leaned his forearms onto the counter. His sleeves were slightly pushed up in a way that made him look even more attractive.