Thirteen

Draco Malfoy

Four. Fucking. Hours.

She had been gone for four hours.

I honestly thought she was going to be there for thirty minutes, and now she had been gone for four hours.

It was past midnight now, and she still wasn't back.

Why was I worrying?

Why did I care?

I didn't.

But what if something happened at that stupid party? What if they all got caught?

The thought of that excited me at first, until I realize that their punishment would probably have a direct effect on us as well.

If she didn't come back, how were we supposed to get our wands back in the morning?

She was always in bed by 10. Not asleep. Just in bed.

I could hear her constantly humming songs, reading her textbook pages out loud, and playing music from that bloody music box.

Eloise was not the partying type...so where the fuck could she be?

Probably with Diggory.

Fucking prat.

"Draco," Theo walked into my room uninvited, looking like he had been pacing for a while.

"What?" I snapped at him for interrupting my inner turmoil.

"You think we should go looking for her? It's been like—four hours or something. She said she would be there for one." Theo crossed his arms and leaned in the doorway.

"She's a big girl, Theodore. She can handle herself." I replied, not wanting to make it seem like her absence was a bit concerning to me as well.

"Will you just come with me?" Theo huffed.

"We don't even know where the stupid party is. This castle is huge." I groaned, laying back on my pillows.

"Get your pale ass up and let's go." Theo rolled his eyes as he turned and walked back to his room to get a jumper.

I exhaled heavily and contemplated just telling him to go alone, but I doubt he would be able to find her alone.

Four hours.

"She's probably nose deep in Hogwarts: A History right now. I doubt she would stay this long at anything remotely fun." I scoffed as we walked out of the common room.

"You think?" Theodore asked.

"You think Waldorf is the type to stay out all night getting dodged at a party?" I asked.

Theo shrugged, "Probably right."

We turned right down the hall, trying to listen to any signs of life or loud music.

"What the hell are you guys doing out?" Theo whispered loudly.

"Could ask you the same thing." Pansy replied back in the same tone.

Pansy, Blaise, Daphne, and Graham stood a bit further down the hall, all looking equally confused as well.

"Eloise isn't back yet." Theo stated.