Chapter 4: Design And Non-Combat skills

Today's classes actually went really well. It looks like putting more points in intelligence didn't make me directly smarter but instead made it easier to learn... I might have to put a few levels worth of points into it if I wanted to pass easier. 

I think I'll try to do it the next time I leveled up. I should focus on skills instead of straight strength. Since now I could even catch Yang off guard when she was cocky and holding back at the same time. 

I'm sure some of the worst students would be easy enough to beat. And improving my skills would be my top priority. Maybe I should focus solely on my swordsmanship after talking with Ruby? 

I was now reading some texts from Ruby. Luckily I got her number before trudging to bed later that night. Now I was heading to the library since it would be somewhere quiet. 

When I finally saw her I was a little shocked to see that she was waiting looking around I'm guessing trying to find me. So I walked towards her waving. 

"Hey, Ruby! Over here." I said finally grabbing her attention. 

"Hey! Let's get started! I sketched some small designs during class. We can look over them now." She said with a wide smile obviously very excited. 

"Okay. Let's try to find a table. Let's go." I said nodding walking to the door. She walked close behind me reaching into her bag pulling out a few papers. 

I found an empty table pretty easily since it was literally right after our classes. That meant no one would be here quite yet. 

So I sat down looking towards her. She zipped down into the seat across from me and hummed softly. 

"Okay so first. I had an idea for maybe trying to hide a dagger in the hilt? It would have to be something small of course. Maybe so you can unscrew it from the pommel and quickly attack from their blindspot?" She asked showing me a small sketch with that idea on it. 

"Interesting... But I think it would be a better idea for something with more range. And if I try to throw this it'll be one use." I said shaking my head. 

"Oh oh oh! Then how about a gun in the handle? Maybe fitted inside of your grip?" She asked. 

This one did look good but... It didn't feel right either. Well one way or another one of them would fit. 

(Timeskip brought to you by Chibi Y/n and Chibi Ruby talking about weapon designs.)

Ruby had done more than a few. We already went through like 18 and now we were just sitting there staying quiet. 

"Well... There was one more. It's a little confusing though since I'm not that good with dust. I'm only good with bullets with it. This would take some design." 

"Well go ahead and show me. It wouldn't be bad to go through one more."

She nodded handing me the sketch. And it was... Half done? 

It looked more like a few rough sketches. It looked like some sort of stick figure holding a surprisingly well-drawn version of my sword. But there were engravings. 

"Well... Would this allow me to slash? And use dust to get some range?"

"I think. You'd have to talk to someone that knows a bit more dust than me. Maybe some designs online can help." She said shrugging. 

"That's interesting... Well... I think I should at least give it a try. Mind If I take this one?" I asked looking towards her. 

"Sure. Well, I have to go. I have some homework to do." She said going to stand up.