Chapter 13: Suicidal maniac

Let's just say... I'm really happy the positions exist.

Using both my offensive skills and gates of Babylon empty caused a few issues with the smaller Grimm. But now I bought nearly a dozen mana potions just for this.

I nodded pulling the blade out of the 18th Grimm I'd killed finally... It was a pain to do it but the rewards were good.

For the tenth kill, I got three more perk points. Looks like most of these quests would give rewards like that.

But even then I was on my last two positions so I sighed and headed to the meeting point earnestly now.

Honestly, I didn't expect much from this. I thought I could easily run in and grab a piece and be off.

I'll tell you what I didn't expect. Not a deathstalker running rampant attacking everything around it.

And I even spotted a nevermore high in the air with something white on it... The hell was that?

It took me a few moments before I just gulped and drank another potion filling my mana again. Before holding my sword out and then dashing forward.

Sprint!

With that I began dashing forward as fast as my feet could carry me. Heading right for the death stalker

I finally got within slashing range and lifted my blade!

... Only to face it's pincer swung right into my chest and sent me flying.

[Physical pain resistance has leveled up! Physical pain resistance is now level 10!]

[Physical pain resistance has ranked up! Physical pain resistance is now rank E-]

I soared for nearly ten feet before my back slammed into a stone pillar.

[Physical pain resistance has leveled up! Physical pain resistance is now level 11.]

[Physical pain resistance has ranked up! Physical pain resistance is now rank E.]

[Physical pain resistance has leveled up! Physical pain resistance is now level 12!]

I just fell to the ground coughing hard trying to recover from the blow...

Dear God. The alpha Beowulf couldn't even hit this hard. At least if I fought it I don't think it could.

"What?! Y/n! What the hell are you doing getting knocked around like that for?!" I heard a voice say.

But it was still hard to hear before my shoulder was grabbed and I was yanked up into a standing position desperately trying to curl up.

God damn... It felt like I had a rib broken or something... And the Grimm didn't even mean to hit me!

"Talk to me! Are you alive? Go and try to hide! We can handle this!" And finally the voice became a bit clearer.

I noticed Yang now looking at me shockingly worried. But still she was shaking a bit- or my vision was I guess.

And I finally register what she said about me hiding... Was I still this weak? Really?

I couldn't help but feel pathetic as she let me go before dashing back towards the Grimm.

I stumbled but fell down to the ground and watched her and the others go to attack it as the Nevermore swooped down.

Damnit... I guess I really was nothing but a weakling...?

This hit me worse then the pincer did. Well not really...

I should just close my eyes... They can handle this... I'm not up to being a huntsman. I'll just retire in a small town. Get married. Have a simple life-