Chapter 11: Step by Step

I was still standing in the room alone doing nothing in particular since I didn't want to try and make myself any more guilty.

I felt nervous a ball of dread in my stomach just waiting for the headmaster. Before I heard the door finally open.

I'd seen a few photos of Ozpin and he never looked threatening. But what I did notice now was that it was almost impossible to read his face.

I couldn't tell if he was disappointed, angry, or even happy as he walked in. And I noticed that he was alone. Where was Goodwitch?

"Hmm... So you are the one that did that?" He asked as he stood in front of me resting his cane against the ground. Waving his other hand towards the destroyed wall.

I gulped and closed my eyes and bowed my head. If I wanted to apologize there would be no one better to do so to.

"I'm sorry sir... I hadn't tested my semblance before this so I didn't know it would cause so much damage."

He stayed silent far longer then I had hoped but I just still kept my head down. I had to handle this here and now so I wouldn't be expelled.

"I saw through recordings the damage you did. How often can you fire that attack?" He asked finally breaking the silence.

Confused I lifted my head looking at him. That was the first question he asked? There were dozens I expected before anything near that. But still I had to answer without telling him about the system. Since gates of Babylon was now my 'semblance'.

"I can use it once sir. Though I haven't tried to see how much time I need to recover." I said trying my best to sound as sure as I could.

"Then give it another try." He said with a brief nod.

"... What?" I asked tilting my head confused blinking a few times.

"I want you to use it again. You can aim it towards the same spot. I'll have it fixed by classes start once again. I want to see it in real-time." He explained.

I looked at him but still nodded. Before lifting my hand up and trying to face the same direction as I did before. Aiming towards the near-identical part of the wall. Before once again thinking the command.

Gates of Babylon.

And once again right after I thought the command the blade was fired faster than I could hope to block or dodge. This time though when it slammed into the wall the entire wall cracked. Slowly spreading through more and more of the wall. 

[Gate of Babylon (fake) has leveled up! Gate of Babylon (fake) Is now level 2.]

[Gate of Babylon (fake) has ranked up! Gate of Babylon (fake) is now rank B.]

[Marksmanship Has leveled up! Marksmanship is now level 2!]

[Marksmanship has ranked up! Marksmanship is now rank E!]

Finally resting when nearly half of the arena was damaged. Only some cracks but now the hole in the wall was much greater than I'd expect. And now I think I know what this marksmanship skill was for. Accuracy since it leveled up when I tried to aim. 

Thought that did suck a bit for me... It was barely useful for anything other than the Gate of Babylon or maybe my swords ranged dust. 

"I see. That attack really is quite something... I see why Goodwitch wanted me to come here to see. I've seen many semblances in my time as a headmaster but yours is something special. Do you have a name for it?" He asked looking at me. 

"Ah... Gates of Babylon I think." 

"Oh? You already came up with quite the name I see." He said with a small chuckle.