Chapter 10: Arrival

I took a deep breath as I took a step off of the bullhead that I was on looking to the left or the right. 

Of course, there were plenty of other students. That was a given. And I was just one of the many that were lucky enough to have a chance to enroll. 

Honestly... Things had been hectic lately. It was hard enough to get the papers and to actually submit them to beacon to enroll so I hadn't even had a chance to train lately. But what shocked me was when there was another screen in front of me the second I stepped out. 

[New quest has been issued!]
Saviors of the world. (1/10)
Objective: Enroll in beacon academy.
Rewards: ???
Failure: ???

[Accept Yes/No?]

Oh...  Another quest right from the get go? I guess I should take it then. So I clicked yes before stepping out of the way from the other students letting them pass. 

The weird part was that the rewards and the failure. I didn't know either one... But still. I trusted the system so I had to enroll. 

With that intent in mind, I began walking through the academy humming to myself. I never looked around signal much but even with the small amount, I saw I could see the similarities. 

But still... Yang should be around here. She'd called me the previous day and told me to wait for her after I landed-

"Hey!" I heard a voice say surprisingly close before I felt Yang wrap her arm around my shoulders pulling me close in a pseudo hug. 

Luckily now my body didn't go into a defensive state anymore when I saw her so I just chuckled and looked towards the blonde. 

"Hello, Yang. Glad to see you're still eager as ever." 

"Of course! I'm so glad that you chose beacon! It's awesome to have someone as durable as you here."

"... You make me sound like a punching bag," I said with a sigh.

"Oh come on! You're my friend! One who just so happens to help me spar!" She said with a laugh finally pulling away.

"... I swear you seem more heartless than a Grimm sometimes," I said grumbling under my breath.

"What was that?" She asked turning towards me raising an eyebrow.

"Nothing!" I said quickly avoiding eye contact with her.

She stared at me for a few long moments before finally turning away.

"Well... I hope Ruby's doing well." She said with a sigh changing the subject.

"Huh? Why wouldn't she be? I'm sure she's doing alright at signal-"

"... Oh. Did I forget to tell you? I guess that means Ruby did as well."

"Forgot to tell me what? What's going on?" I asked tilting my head.

"Well... Let's just say that Ruby's not going to signal anymore." She said with a shrug.

I couldn't help my eyes widening from shock. What had Ruby done to get kicked out of signal-

"What?! Did she get expelled? What happened?" I asked quickly grabbing Yang by the shoulder pulling her closer.

But even though I was so serious I noticed right away the wide smile on her face before she began outright laughing.

"Yang! This isn't funny! Ruby was an amazing huntress in training! The only reason I ever beat her was that she underestimated me-"