Chapter 18: So they're all monsters? Part 1

[The system will now allow the sponsors to issue their quests. Please put forth your requests sponsors.]

[Four quests have been issued. The system will be accepting the first submitted quest as the primary. Others will be put in order.]

[New quest has been issued!]
Enlightenment (1/2)
Objective: Spar with someone stronger then you (0/3)
Rewards: 3000 exp, One random skill from the knight of sapphire skies roster
Failure: Knight of sapphire skies will no longer show interest in you.

[Accept Yes/No?]

Well. I knew this would happen again soon enough. That I'd be promptly put into my place. But the quest was... Odd?

Sparring I would have understood. And even the fact that it was against stronger people did too. I could fight against someone and have my skills grow even faster.

The strange part was the reward. Why was the reward a random skill? Plus this was a two part quest. I guess I'll get an even better reward next time?

Y/n: "... Hey Sapphire knight?" I asked trying to get an answer but not expecting one.

[The knight of sapphire skies is listening intently.]

Oh. That worked? That'll be useful.

Y/n: "Why is the reward a random skill from your roster? Why can't I know it?"

[The knight of sapphire skies can not give a specific answer due to the low level of the system.]

... What? Damnit. Well if all else fails I know where I should go. To the shop!

After only a bit of searching I finally found what I was looking for.

[Sponsor expansion 1/3: Allows you to enter chat with your sponsors. Cost: 5000 gold.]

Hey! It's the gold stuff I got from earlier! I quickly began looking at the corners of the screen and saw the number 10,960 next to a small symbol of a gold coin.

That's great. I can purchase this and see if there's anything interesting in the shop for about 5000 gold next time. But still I clicked on the screen and accepted paying the gold.

Immediately a new box I hadn't recognized before showed up. It seemed like a weird sort of group chat back whenever I used to be obligated to join those for family purposes even if never needed it.

The only part that seemed very strange was that the box was now a odd purple-ish color instead of the normal blue.

But as I noted that a new message popped up.

Knight of sapphire skies: The reward is random due to that being all the power I can grant you.

And next to the message was a small image of some sort of sword. It looked like it was made of a gold shining coming off the blade.

Is that supposed to be a profile picture? Well it didn't matter. I bet the sword wasn't even that impressive.

"Alright... Then I'll go and find someone to fight." I said nodding.

Knight of sapphire skies: Who shall you be fighting?

My mind immediately drifted to a certain someone who was interested in fighting me.

"... Yang Xiao Long Probably..." I said with a sigh.

The snake witch: Oh my. You're going to fight that hothead? I feel bad for you.

King shrouded in gold: About damn time you buy this feature, Mongrel.

Demonic judge of fire: This makes it a lot easier to talk!