Chapter 19: So they're all monsters? part 2/4

Using both soul protect and angels blessing I finally let out a relieved breath feeling brand new. Looks like from my experience at signal I could take a good beating.

I took a tad bit longer then I would need to fully recover now sitting in my room simply talking with my sponsors. Including the newest one.

NO.00000000001: You should focus on going defensive when you fight bare handed. Your eyes are helpful for that.

King shrouded in gold: You should stop fighting with a sword and your hands. Babylon is enough.

Knight of sapphire skies: No. If he becomes too reliant on it he will be easily defeated.

"Well... I want to be strong on multiple fronts. Because if the enemies at a range Babylon is a good idea. If they're mid range I should use vectors. If they're close I should use either a sword or bare handed. Whichever is the best choice." I said now feeling much more experienced at handling the sponsors.

Snake witch: There is also the fact that you're not learning any proper technique yet.

While the rest made me about nervous to handle them I just watched that message for a moment thinking about it for a lot longer then I would've thought.

Though I quickly shoved those thoughts down as I stood up patting myself down.

"Alright. Well I'm going to go and see Yang so I can get more progress on this quest I got. Hope you all enjoy the show." I said with a wide smile turning the chat off.

Honestly I wasn't a masochist but I'd slowly learned that pushing myself like this got results near immediately. So each fight I did seriously just pushed me a bit closer to actually reaching Yang and Ruby's level.

(Mini Timeskip brought to you with the sponsors learning how to use emojis.)

After texting about another meetup Yang and I were both standing in one of the open training rooms. Though there was a person I briefly remember from my fight with the Deathstalker and nevermore.

She has long black hair, a matching bow, and was wearing what I assumed to be her combat uniform. It consisted of a button up vest, and a white undershirt for the most part giving her a contrast of black and white.

And now I briefly thought to Yang and Ruby's outfits for combat. They didn't wear any actual armor did they? Did they choose fashion over effectiveness? Maybe for the speed? But I quickly shoved those thoughts down moving towards the black haired girl who I remembered Yang called Blake.

"Nice to meet you Blake. This is the first time I think we've talked that I wasn't fighting desperately or having my shoulder forcibly placed back in socket." I said outstretching my hand trying to keep a professional smile.

That was when I saw something that didn't shock me as much as it should have.

[New quest has been issued!]
From shadows part 1.
Objective: Make Blake Belladonna have a changed outlook with you at the end of a brawl
Rewards: Evade skill, 300 exp
Failure: From shadows quest line will be locked permanently.

[Accept Yes/No?]

While she reached out to shake my hand I noticed two things. One. She was being very stoic not much emotion on her face. The second was that she likely had a bad impression of me. I could guess as much from the details of the quest.

Though this quest was pretty vague. Changing the outlook could be easy or difficult depending on how she reacted. I'd just have to try and give it my all.