Chapter 23: Patrol gone wrong-... wait is it right?

Now after the current issues of not only stressing over actually becoming a huntsman and of love... I would've thought I'd be somewhat depressed. Or stressed more likely.

But... Honestly I wasn't. I had too much else to focus on. Like currently I had the first of the patrols. The idea was I'd patrol a low crime area and write a report. The idea was that it would gain experience.

So right now I was currently practicing on a metal training dummy. Of course the ones in beacon needed to be made of stronger stuff. Aiming towards gaining some form of use from my barehanded fighting.

Currently after letting my aura recover I slammed a fist into its chest with aura strengthening causing it to shudder if only slightly. Following it to a second near where the jaw would be if this was a person in a faint before wrapping it around the back of the head and jumping slamming my knee into the chest of the dummy with another aura infused strike.

[Martial arts has leveled up to level 25.]

[Martial arts skill has Ranked up! Swordsmanship is now Rank D+.]

While it might look impressive at first glance this was only after nearly an hour of different techniques. Looks like actual combat was the best way to improve for now. Even with all my stats and experience now training an hour nonstop was a bit too much.

But still... I couldn't just stop here.

So I lifted my fist for another punch before I heard someone clear their throat behind me.

I turned and... Saw Blake. Oh right. During our last fight things got... Worrying for her I suppose.

"... Hello." I said awkwardly as I slowly lowered by hand.

"Hello." She replied back in a bit of a monotonous tone.

"So first-... Well I guess it's the only thing. I'm sorry." I said with a sigh.

"You're sorry? For what?" Blake asked.

"For pushing myself too far in our fight? Honestly I thought the pain was your semblance."

"... No. My semblance isn't like that. It's more for evasion."

"I could guess that now. But still I'm sorry. I know it was immature I just.... Felt like I-"

"Needed to push yourself to prove your place?" She said.

Honestly for a moment I froze when she said that. Honestly... It was a bit spooky she knew me so well-

"Yang talks about you. Ruby does too. A lot." She said.

"... Sorry for that too then. But... Well let's just say I wasn't taking things seriously before beacon. So for now? I'm going to."

"... You're a lot more... Humble then I thought."

"Huh? Why wouldn't I be humble?" I asked.

"Does someone who's humble yell about how much they want to end a Grimm's life while looking like they'd broken something?"

"... Okay. You have me there." I said sighing covering my face so she couldn't see quite how embarrassed I was.

"But I was here to just make sure you were alright... But... I think I've started to notice something?" She said.

"Huh? Notice what?"

"Your fighting style. It's... Empty?"

"Empty?" I said tilting my head a bit hurt.

"You just slash where you'll hit the opponent the fastest. But fightings more then that. Backing off to let your opponent move so you can counter. Purposely reading their rhythm in a fight. But yours lacks a lot of that."