Chapter 6

I find a pair of short blue jean shorts, a black blouse, and black mini boots, and I apply extra mascara and eyeliner. I look jaw dropping.

I haven't told my parents anything. They should be in bed by the time I sneak out. It might be a challenge in what I'm wearing, but I'll make it work.

At exactly the time intended, I sneak out my window, hurrying over to Ashton's yard. I see him by his truck, waiting for me. He does a double take of me, smiling mischievously.

"You look nice," he tells me.

I roll my eyes flirtatiously, and reply, "You do too. But you always do. Not that I like, you know, have actually noticed."

He chuckles. "Yeah, if you say so." He wears a t-shirt, showing off all his tattoos and muscles. He wears ripped blue jeans, and boots. He looks so freaking hot.

"Let's go already," I say, wanting to feel more energy other than the energy beating from my heart.

I start to open the door for myself, but he hurries over, opening it for me. I murmur a 'thank you' and he nods.

We finally pull out and music blares through his speakers.

"Ow," I say, rubbing my ear.

Ashton somehow hears me over the loud rock music, and turns it off. "Sorry. You can pick out whatever kind of music you like."

"No, it's okay. Turn it back on."

"Nah, not if you don't like that kind of music."

"It's okay, really. Just really loud. But who knows? Maybe I'll like it loud. Turn it back up." I smile in the darkness.

I can tell he's still unsure, but he finally turns it back on and all the way up.

The beat scatters through my ear, making my body vibrate. It kind of sounds nice, not being able to think because the music is so loud. It's like I'm not allowed to worry about anything.

Before I know it, we pull up to a house. It's a big house, actually. It has cars and trucks and other vehicles pulled up all around it.

Ashton gets out, tells me to wait where I'm sitting, and hurries around to open the door for me. I murmur another 'thank you' and we head towards the house, music super loud and I hear splashes coming from a pool, and I also hear yells and laughing.

We step past the gates and I see people everywhere. "Whoa," I whisper.

Ashton grins. "Have you never been to a party before?"

I shake my head, watching people talk and swim around and drink. I see a couple of people making out in a corner in the yard.

Ashton takes my head, making goosebumps rise up my arm. "Come with me," he says. He can bet I am.

We walk to a table, where a dude with long blonde hair is pouring drinks. He looks up at us. "Hey," he says. "What can I get you? We have beer, beer, and more beer."

Ashton laughs a little bit, deep and handsome. "Two bud lights."

The dude gets us the bottles, and I'm a little uncomfortable at first, but I release my hand from Ashton's and open it, and smell the beer. It's strong.

"Oh, let me guess," Ashton says, turning to me. "You've never had beer before, either?"

"You're right," I reply.

"It's not too bad," he says, taking a swig of his. "Go on, try it."

And I do. I gulp it down, and it makes my throat burn for a minute, but then I drink some more, and some more.