4: Aomine

❖Aomine's POV//Past❖

I knew. I knew she wanted to die. I never said anything. When we went to the rooftop, I could still remember the sound of cicadas piercing in our ears. I would feel the light breeze and see the clouds moving slightly. It was a nice way to skip out on practice. I opened my eyes to see (L/N) laying right next to me.

"Oi!" I yelled, with my cheeks slightly turning red.

"Hmm?" she yawns, slowly getting up, rubbing her eyes. "Oh.. Aomine-kun."

"What are you doing sleeping here?!" I yelled at her. "I'm a guy, you know!"

"And..?" you asks, blankly.

"You need to have more delicacy.." I scold.

"Don't need to. I knew it was Aomine-kun so I don't have to worry you doing something to me. I mean, you wouldn't do it, would you?" I flinch. She was right. I wouldn't put the moves on her. "Or would you like me to play the tsundere-role and hit you and yell at you for something I did?"

"Tch." I said, averting my eyes away. No use arguing with her. She was right. "You still need to watch it. I may not be the pervert here but-"

"Says the one who likes to hide his porn magazines in his bags." you scoffed.

"Shut up!" I said, embarrassingly. She starts to laughs and starts to stand up. (L/N) looks up to the sky, laughing. Her (h/c) hair softly flies a bit. "Hey, what's it like to die?"

"Huh?"

"I like to ask myself that from time to time. I thought about it. Will anyone miss me when I die?" (L/N) asks. "Many people say they want to die at old age, but people would rather not die at all, if possible. They want to live cause we're all greedy that way. When we're about to die, I bet everyone has that one small regret that they could of done something more."

"..How would you want to die then?"

"The rooftop. Here." she answers. "I want to jump off of here."

I thought of her as a strange person. I didn't know she was the depressing type. But it wasn't like that at all. She never wanted to die. She was driven to die. I never knew it before but it was like she had a death wish. That day, when (L/N) died, I couldn't do anything about it. I ran. Akashi ran faster. I ran but I couldn't reach her. She was so close yet so far...

❖Aomine's POV//Present❖

"Hmm.. Can you tell me where's Murasakibara-kun?" (L/N) asks me. I was surprised to see her in the gym. Didn't Akashi met her already? I don't recall something like this happen before. Did the future change?

Akashi comes to me from behind. "What's going on?"

"Oh. Akashi. This girl said she's looking for Murasakibara."

"He isn't here at the moment." Akashi tells (L/N). (L/N) looks around, knowing he was right.

"Sorry to bug you." she said, as she bows down and walks away. That never happened before.

"Mine-chin, Aka-chin.." Murasakibara said, walking with Tetsu. "What's up? I thought I heard my name.."

"Why are you and (L/N) friends already?!" I asks. "Did you change the future!?"

"Oh.. About that.." he said. "I saw (L/N)-chin getting picked on when she encounter Aka-chin.. So I stopped them."

I looked down. Bullying? Already?

"Aomine-kun. It's okay. We're here to change our future. At any rate, we want to prevent (L/N)'s death." Kuroko-kun assured me. I looked away, clenching my fists.

"You're right." I said. I walk off and left.

I went to the roof again. To clear my mind. And there she was. (L/N)'s hair was softly flying with the wind. She was near the balcony.. I was afraid. I started to run up to her and touch her shoulder. "What.." I paused, "What were you doing?"

"Looking at the town..?" you answered. "You're Murasakibara-kun's friend, right? I see you around him sometimes."

"Yeah. Sort of." I said, putting my hand around my neck.

"Say.. It might be strange to ask this but.. I wonder what it's like to die. Will people actually care if I die? I've always wondered that.." she said. She closes her eyes. "I want to die but at the same time I don't."

If it was the old me, I probably wouldn't have said anything. I can change the future right? I want to help her. I don't want someone dying in front of me.. in front of my eyes like that. I want to reach her and help her lose her burden.

"Dying and actually dying are two different things." I tell her. "A heart's wish doesn't necessarily have to come true. If you don't want to die then carry that feeling and continue living. You don't have to act on every thought that you have. Just live your life the way you want to. So live." I tell her. She looks at me surprised.

"Turn around a moment." you said.

"E-Eh, why?" I asks.

"Just do it!" you yelled. I heard a slight crack in her voice. "You're such a strange person."

"I should be telling you that." She started to cry. I listen. I guess she wanted to hear the words that she never got to hear her past life.

You better not die on me now. Not until I'm able to reach you.They have all gone back in time with no reason why. With a single wish, they were able to time leap.

—————————————————————————————————————————

They now restart and have a different goal.

Can they prevent your death and find the reason for it?