21: Happiness

❖Momoi's POV//Present❖

(Y/N)-chan woke up, shifting the blankets off on her. She sees me talking on the phone with someone so I quickly hung up on Dai-chan and smiled at her. She looked at me confused but I only smiled. As we started talking and heading out, she was continuing giving me the face like I was planning something. I only smiled, looking confused at her if something was wrong. "(Y/N)-chan do you like listen to music?"

She only nods. "...I like music that reminds me of me."

"...Oh?" I blinked, a little taken back on what she said.

"But.. Not all music are like that. Whether a song tells a story or the lyrics can tell what I want to say or feel, when I'm really depressed, I can't hear the music. The music doesn't reach me." She turns her eyes towards me, while I puff my cheeks, showing a disapproval look towards her.

"You're so distressing that whenever you bring up gloomy discussion, I get a little sick." She only smiled, showing a shiny aura around her.

"By the way, where are headed to?" (Y/N)-chan blinks.

"Hmm? Oh." I smiled it off, realizing what she had asked, "I want to stop by somewhere first."

Mood Setter: Pray - Younhwa

She couldn't even look more confusing enough. When we got to the park near Tetsu-kun's favorite fast food restaurant, (Y/N)-chan looked disgusted. I sweatdrop, showing my smile in such a fake manner.

"Ah! (Y/N)-ccchi!" Ki-chan waves using both of his hands.

"Satsuki, you're late."

"Momoi-san..." she said with an irritated tone. I let out a slight "eep" until Tetsu-kun sprayed water on (Y/N)-chan, I opened my mouth as soon as I saw her hair all dripping wet. Her mouth opened wide as Tetsu-kun sprayed a little water on the grass. He was holding a water gun, ready to aim and shoot. His expression was a mixed of bewilderment and a little shocked.

Suddenly, Dai-chan tossed another water gun on the ground while Ki-chan quickly sprayed water on (Y/N)-chan using another water gun.

"Oi!" (Y/N)-chan yells, picking up the gun. She starts to chase after the boys while I walk up to Mukkun and Akashi-kun who was both watching the food.

"Wow.. This is a lot of food." I squealed. I turn around watching Kuroko-kun being chased by an angry (Y/N)-chan, who was being chased by Ki-chan and Dai-chan. I smiled, sweat dropping also, not wanting to be part of it.

"It's Momo-chin."

"Hey Momoi." Akashi smiles.

"Oh, look. It's Midorima-cchi!" Ki-chan announced.

"Spray that gun, Kise and I will-" Dai-chan had sprayed the water on the green-haired boy, who had vein popping everywhere. He had dropped his bag and went to go grab a gun.

After all the fun and laughing, we had started eating. There were kids from the neighborhood was curious of what we were doing and played along with us. We even played a little of streetball though I just watched. They dragged (Y/N)-chan to play along.

I smiled to this wonderful and heartfelt scene, wondering why, why couldn't days be just like this: happy and bright sunny days with people and warm laughter. The sadness and lonely can just depart. But that's just being selfish. Even if we didn't deserve it, pain was another way of saying to grow. to learn. It can truly show the darkness of this world that everyone keeps forgetting to see the light of it.

No matter how much despair, how much tragedy awaits everyone in the world, I wish till the very end, the warm and gentle light of hope and happiness will shine upon them just like the today.

Tears have started to overflow. What to do? Tomorrow is the day of (Y/N)-chan's death. Why do I hold such a premonition about tomorrow? Can we really save (Y/N)-chan? Why is it that I can't see it? Will we be able to save... (Y/N)-chan?

"Momoi-san." Tetsu-kun asks, looking at me with concern. Everyone looks at me, bursting into tears.

"I'm sorry. I don't know why I'm crying." I laughed it off, wiping my tears.

"Come this way." Tetsu-kun suggests.

❖??//Present❖

No one noticed it. But the eyes of (Y/N) was darken when she saw Kuroko and Momoi walking together. As if, she knew what was going to happen.

❖Momoi's POV//Present❖

"I'm sorry Tetsu-kun. I'm just slightly worried about tomorrow." Tetsu-kun looks at me, then to the ground, then to me again but this time showing a sad smile.

"We will save her." Those words were probably the thing I want most. Dai-chan started to walk to us, opening a soda pop to drink. But just when I thought he was going to drink it, he hands me the soda.

"You okay?" Dai-chan asks.

"Yeah. Thank you."

"Don't worry about tomorrow. I won't let (Y/N) die again. No matter what happens, we'll save her."

❖??//Present❖

The sun had started to set. (Y/N) and the boys had decided to set off some fireworks. They all ended up playing the whole day. After the fire had ran out, no one said a word. They all silently just stood there and looked at each other. "(Y/N). Are you going to be staying at Momoi's house?"

"No." (Y/N) answers with a smile, looking a little sad.

"Want to stay at mine's?" Akashi answers.

"No. I have somewhere I'm already staying at." she answers. She walks up to Akashi and holds both of his hands. "Don't worry. I'll come to school tomorrow."

"Are you sure, you'll be okay?" Midorima asks. (Y/N) nods, flashing a peace sign.

"I'll be fine!" (Y/N) then looks around at the table, wanting to pick up the trash and throw it away.

"We can handle it." Aomine says, taking the plates off of (Y/N)'s hands.

"Are you sure?" (Y/N) asks with concern.

"We were the one to drag you here anyway. The person you're waiting for back home might be worrying about you." Akashi blinks to what Momoi said. The female was just about to leave and say her regards until Akashi takes (Y/N)'s wrist.

"In the past, I've chose the wrong choice to let you go. Are you absolutely sure it will be alright?" Akashi asks, again.

"I'll come to school tomorrow. There's something happening tomorrow you'll see. So I will be okay. I promise." (Y/N) was able to convince Akashi to let the female go. When she left the park, (Y/N) turns around and glance at them cleaning, looking depressed. She looks up to the sky, smiling.

"All happiness..." she paused, "Must come to an end."

❖Kuroko's POV//Present❖

No matter how much everyone can struggle, they can just move forward, while holding onto the doubts and worries that are inside them. So don't cry, (Y/N)-chan. We're going to bear the pain. We'll cry your share. We'll claim all of the responsibility. We'll shoulder the heavy burdens. So forget the past... and move on. Don't die. For tomorrow is a brand new day.
-----------------------
"I hope you can find someone you can't live without. I really do. And I hope you never have to know what it's like to have to try and live without them." -Kiera Cass, The Selection

One day left till (Y/N)'s death! Can they save her or let history claims it's spot once more?

A/N: I don't think the song is really a mood setter but I recommend listening to it and read the English lyrics to it.

I too, wish for everyone's happiness. Everyone has a lot of burdens but I too, want everyone's door to open.

Today, tomorrow, and always, I hope for everyone's day to be happy.