10: Deadline

❖Kuroko's POV//??❖

"Why..?" (L/N)-san asks. She disappeared just like that. She was right behind me and as I turn around, she disappeared. She appeared again, holding onto her knees, crouching. "I died? Why did you bring me back?"

She disappeared again and as I kept turning around to look for her, she appeared in front of me, standing. The surroundings were the school's rooftop. They sky was black. She was at the edge. I couldn't move. I couldn't say anything. My mouth was open but no words come out.

"Kuroko-kun.. thank you so much for wishing me back.. But still in my heart..." (L/N)-san touches her chest and smiles. A tear came out of her eyes. "I still want to die, even now!"

My eyes widen as she lets go. I ran to her, hoping to reach her. But it was too late. I couldn't reach her. Even though she was smiling. Did I took my wish for granted?

I woke up.

❖Kuroko's POV//Present❖

Again, it was just a dream. A scary nightmare. I was sweating. This has happened the first day. Tears were streaming from eyes. The alarm clock continues to ring in my ear. I clicked the button and got up from my bed. I could feel the cold sweat from my hands, looking so pale, still shaking from fear. I closed my eyes for a moment till I heard the sound of my alarm clock ringing again. I looked at it as the numbers turn into a date. I widen my blue-colored eyes to see that it was the day of (L/N)-san's death.

I brought the alarm clock with me to school. To be honest, I felt a little uneasy when I saw the date. I thought by now it would go back to its normal state- like a normal alarm clock but it didn't. It didn't revert back to the time. Even when I unplugged it and brought it to school with me, the date is still there. Was it a sign?

I walked into the classroom, with a book in my hand. When I looked up, I saw that (L/N)-san was no where to be found. But that wasn't all. She didn't came to class. Was she sick? I knew that Akashi-kun wouldn't miss a day at school so it wasn't possible that Akashi-kun could let (L/N)-san skip class.

"Kuroko." the teacher said. I look up. "You look a bit pale. Do you want to head to the infirmary?"

"Please." I said, softly. The teacher nods as I got up from my seat and bow down, slightly. I looked up and slowly walk to the door. As I walk passed the empty hallways, I see the stairs that led to the rooftop. I looked up at the door that was waiting to be open. I haven't went up to the rooftop with all that's happened. I was scared too. But I see myself already standing on the first step. I looked down at the ground and looked behind me to see that no one was there. What.. What was I thinking? Should I go up?

And I did.

I walked up those stairs and slowly open the door. I thought to myself, how long have I been up here? When was the last time I came here? I forgot... what it felt like to be on the rooftop. To feel the breeze gently. I had forgotten. When I opened the door, I could feel it. The cold air going into the hallways. I closed the door, gently and look to see a girl, looking at the town. That girl was (L/N)-san.

Was she planning to jump? I didn't wait to find out. I quickly rushed to her.

"(L/N)-san!"

"Kuroko-kun..?" (L/N)-san said as she looked at me with a surprised expression on her face. "Why..?"

"Why are you skipping class?" we both ask each other. We looked at each other a bit shocked that we said the same thing. She started to laugh while I show a small smile.

"You first."

"I didn't feel well." I answered.

"Hmm.. Then we came here for the same reason." she answers, smiling. Her smile fades away as she looks at me, seriously. "Ne, Kuroko-kun. Why is it that you always look so worried for me? Like you know the future, and that I'm going to die. Maybe suicidal. When I look at you though, I could never tell what Kuroko-kun is thinking about. You're pretty mysterious yourself, Kuroko-kun." she continues but with a smile, "You make me feel weak a bit. I'm not strong but I'm not weak either."

"(L/N)-"

"Joking. I'm joking." she said. "Don't worry about it."

"You're right though, (L/N)-san." I admitted. I have treated her as someone weak. I looked down, making a fist. I'm worried. I'm scared. I don't want someone killing themselves in front of me. I remembered it now. What were the words that you said before she die? I didn't know. I couldn't hear.

"Well. I don't know how you could read my mind..." she paused for a moment, as she turns around. The breeze made her hair flew a bit. As she turns around, she smiles brightly, moving the hair behind your ear, and said, "I don't feel like dying anymore." (L/N)-san never looked more beautiful. It felt like a scene from a manga. But it was reality. "It's true. I have felt like dying. I'm scared to die. Before I came here and became friends with everyone, the thought of dying escapes my mind. If it was the old me, I wondered what would of happened. I probably would of died. But I feel stronger.. I feel a little more positive. I don't feel like dying."

"(L/N)-san.."

"I admit it. I use to think about death but now I don't. I just want to enjoy the life I have now. That's why..." she pauses. "Please don't worry for me anymore."

"I can't do that." I said to her. "You're my friend. I have every right to worry for you."

She looks at me, with her mouth open. "If you insist."

After that, it was lunch time. I thought it would be a good time to tell them about the clock.

"I think this clock is giving us a deadline." I tell them. "Although, I'm not sure myself."

"A deadline?" Kise-kun asks. "Why would it be a deadline?"

"Like I said, I don't know. But I guess this just proves that we need to stop (L/N)-san's death no matter what." I tell them.

"She seems more happier." Aomine-kun said. He scratches his cheek and looked away. "I haven't heard much from her."

"Not to mention that soon we'll be second years." Akashi-kun said.

"I was wondering.. Why haven't we talked to (L/N)-chin again?" Murasakibara-kun asks, eating some chips. "I mean, it wouldn't hurt to, right?"

"No." Midorima-kun said. "If we do that, she might kill herself without us knowing then."

"How?" Murasakibara-kun asks.

"I wouldn't know." Midorima-kun counters.

"Now, now. You guys better not be fighting." Kise-kun said. "We just have to wait and see what this day awaits for us."

(L/N)-san told me.. that she doesn't think about dying. I want to tell them that. But I can't. Cause we all knew. That a part of you still thinking about dying. But as this year comes to an end, many thing awaits us.

----------------
Now that their year as first years in middle school comes to an end...
What will second year awaits them?