14: Hiding

❖Aomine's POV//Past❖

"What did you say?" I ask, shocked to hear Satsuki has been bullying (Y/N).

"Sorry. Momoi-cchi won't tell me anything." Kise say, shaking his blonde hair. He looks down and mumbles, "I can't believe it either.."

"Let me talk to her!" I suggest.

"No. What good will it do? We might make things worse for (L/N)-san." Tetsu said. I gave out a small tch.

"Then what are we going to do?!" I yelled.

❖Aomine's POV//Present❖

"(Y/N). Are you hiding something from me?"

"Eh? No, nothing. Why?"

"Like bullying or family issues you have?" (Y/N) blinked. She smiles and replied with, "I'm fine."

"(L/N)-chin, do you want to eat?"

"No, I already ate." she said, passing towards me to walk to Murasakibara. But, that's not what her stomach says. It growled, enough for everyone to hear.

"(Y/N)!" I said, grabbing her arm. "Are you sure you're okay?" She blinked which made me embarrassed. I had to think of something, "Your eyes look tired."

It was an excuse. But I hit the mark though. Her eyes looked red.

"It's not like you for to be worried, Aomine-kun." She's right. It was always Satsuki whose worried about me. I let go of her arm and when I did, for a second, I thought I saw her looked so painful. Like she didn't wanted me to let go. "I'm just tired. I'm better, I promise."

She showed me a smile and went off with Murasakibara. Was that smile a lie?

I started to pester her whenever I saw her. When she managed to escaped, I eventually found her and kept asking if she was alright.

"Leave me alone!! Didn't I say I was okay?!" (Y/N) yells.

"I'm asking, cause I'm worried about you!" I yelled back. She backs away, sighing, and smiles.

"I wouldn't be sad if I was smiling, right?" (Y/N) asks, pointing at her smile. "You have nothing to worry-"

"I got something to worry about!" I yelled. "Humans are able to hide their emotions. They are able to wear a smile when they're broken down deep inside. Are you wearing a mask, (Y/N)?"

"You're right. I'm playing the stupidly innocent girl and show my friends a smile to show I'm alright. I'll wear a mask and continue to deceive the world."

I just stood there. Shocked. I can't believe she was actually telling me her true feelings.

''I'm just tired means I can't take this anymore.' or 'I'm fine means I'm not fine. Please help me.' or 'I already ate means I'm starving myself to death. Leave me alone means show me you care enough to stay. I'm better, I promise means I never been this bad.' And lastly, 'I'm okay means I want to die.' How did you figure?" She said this all with her eyes close but when she opens her eyes, she looked painful as she can be. "Happy now?"

"Is it because of Satsuki?"

"Why do you assume it Momoi-san the reason to my problem?" she asks, looking down. The female looks up, glaring at me. How come she was glaring at me? I didn't do anything wrong. If she did something wrong, I'll take responsibility. "Did Kise-kun tell you what happened?"

"Yeah!" I said, "Are you sure it isn't her? I can talk to her!"

"Stop it." you said. "Don't assume its her. I don't know how much Kise-kun told you but why are you listening to other people on what they saw? It could of just been a rumor. Why is Momoi-san a scapegoat?"

"(Y-" She cuts me off again.

"Why are you taking my side? Momoi-san is your childhood friend, right? How come you don't have trust in your friend? The years that you spent with Momoi-san wasn't enough for you to just doubt Momoi-san like that?"

She can see my anger towards Satsuki. But saying that Satsuki did wrong, won't make her smile. "What is it then?"

"Huh?"

"What is bothering you then!? If it isn't Satsuki, who is it then? Whose causing you to have so much pain?" I don't want her to die on me. If they're was a God in this world, please save her. Please help me save her. "Don't smile if you're terribly in pain."

"I can't do that." (Y/N) said. "I will like and continue to deceive. All because of someone else, I will smile."

"But you and me can't always smile." I tell her. As time grew by, I realized that even if a person keeps smiling, deep in their hearts, they might be carrying some type of burden. Even with a big burden, they will still smile. But we can't smile forever.

"(L/N)-san." It was Tetsu's voice, coming from behind me. He walks up to (Y/N) and smiles at her. "Akashi-kun is looking for you."

"Thanks, Kuroko-kun." you smiled, walking passed me. When she left, Tetsu went up to me.

"What do you think you're doing?" he asks me.

"I-"

"I understand." he told me. "I know how it feels not understanding her. Not being able to do so. The pain of not being able to understand what's in her heart. There's a limit to what we can do. If she isn't willing to tell us, we shouldn't force it out of her. I know you want to understand what's she's feeling but we can't. Kise-kun told me what happened. Let's talk to Momoi-san about it."

"I can't understand a girl's mind." I muttered, irritated. It isn't Satsuki who has been troubling her? Then what...? I closed my eyes for a slight moment. I thought of her on the rooftop, smiling. I opened it and thought to myself, 'Why is her smile so ambiguous?'

-----------------------------------------

"Sayonara."

What happens if Reader-chan dies before the exact date she died before?

Now that the future changed, who can tell that she might die tomorrow?

Is Momoi really the one causing Reader-chan to suffer?