8: Depressing Things

❖Aomine's POV//Present❖

"Skipping practice again?" you ask.

"I got no reason to go. Besides, I'm already in the first string and a starter. Do I have to care?"

"You should try more harder!" you scold. What's the point in practice? I look at (Y/N) who walks to the bars. "Wahh. It's Haizaki-kun."

"Eh? What's that fool doing?" I asks.

"Beating someone up." (Y/N) answered, blankly. She smiles and looks at me. "Is it strange how I said that so blankly? Ne, Aomine-kun. What do you think is the most saddest thing in the world?"

"Huh?"

"Is it abortion? Bullying? Is it parents abusing their child? Is it being an orphan? Is it someone who has a disorder that can't be fix? Is it someone dying?" (Y/N) asks. I stand up, feeling confused. She never asked such a thing. It was so weird how she can asks the deepest thing and smile happily at the same time. I found her mysterious because of it.

"S-Stop saying so much depressing things." I tell her, feeling tense all of a sudden.

"They're so much bad things in the world.. No one can really say what is the bad things in world." she continued, "Did I ever told you how I wanted to die?"

I was very unsure how to answer that. I knew the answer. But she told me the answer back then.. How could I answer? "W-Where?"

I decided to let her answer it.

She smiles, "The rooftop."

(Y/N) goes near the bars, making me feel anxious. "Oi!"

"Don't worry. I'm not going to jump." (Y/N) laugh. "I'm sorry, I'm saying such depressing things."

I didn't answer. I wouldn't know how.

"They're so much problems in the world though." she said, softly. I see (Y/N) gripping onto the bars even more. "It's sad that not everyone can be saved. So much problems in the world..."

A vein pop out of my head. "Enough!" I yelled. "It's true! You're right. Everyone has their own problems and because some are weak and some are strong, many people can't be saved but.. If you have problems, say so! You will be relieved. You will smile! I don't know all your problems.. I don't know how you've been living up to know.. and to be honest I don't care!!" She looks at me a bit scared. I didn't mean to make her made that face but I was angry. I grip my hand even more. "I can't help you fix them all but I assure you, I won't let you face them alone. I'm not going to abandon you! So.. Don't sound as if you're going to die!!"

(Y/N) looks at me shocked. To help her from getting stiff, I sigh and tap on her shoulder.

"Don't say anything more depressing. You have everyone by your side. Besides-" I said to her. "-they're are good things in this world as well."

"You're right." (Y/N) said, smiling more brightly. I blushed. Typical (Y/N). She doesn't cry this time but she gives me a smile.

"Idiot. Why thank me? I'm just speaking the truth." I look (Y/N). Behind that smile, was a broken heart. What was she holding so deeply? "..(Y/N)."

"Yeah?" she said, walking back to class. I could hear the bell ringing for our passing bell. The clouds seems to be passing by. In this world, I fear her most.. but in this same world, I want her more then anyone else.

"You okay?" I asks.

"Yeah. I'm fine."

Was that a lie?