Chapter 1:the castle

The dark one appeared in an abandoned castle in an empty au. The water one is asleep and snuggled into the dark one's chest. He sees two thrones and walks towards them cautiously. Seeing nothing is happening he sits on the bigger throne. Nothing happens except for the water one mumbling something in her sleep. The dark one tilts his head and looks at her.
“Huh, did you say something Y/N?”
The water one- i mean Y/N, mumbles in sleep again, this time louder.
“Nightmare! Don't hurt him!”
Y/N appears to be having another nightmare. The dark one-i mean Nightmare is shocked. He hugs you close and starts whispering sweet nothings into your ear. You calm and start to relax, wincing slightly when you accidentally touch your cheek. Nightmare notices and remembers the villager who slapped you, growling in rage. He puts a hand to your cheek and starts healing you. The slap mark fades as he keeps healing you, once the mark is gone, he sighs in relief and kisses your head. You smile in your sleep, the nightmare disappearing. Y/N starts to stir and lets out a yawn. Nightmare looks at her and Y/N wakes up with a yaw he starts to pet you. You purr and wake up with a yawn. You look up and see what Nightmare has become, it admittedly startled you but that didn’t matter to you, he was still the same Nightmare you grew up with. You smile up at him and he relaxes, smiling back. You look around and see that your surroundings are different. The walls were a black color, the floor is a grey color, the doors in front of them were a black color. There are pillars which are black, all in all, it looked peaceful, it just needed to be cleaned up. You let out a startled squeak when Nightmare kisses your cheek, wings fluffing up. He chuckles and picks you up again to explore the castle. You squirmed in his arms.
“L-let me d-down! I-I can w-walk!”
Curse your shyness and stuttering. Nightmare chuckles and sets you down, and you dust off your dress. You get the feeling that there should be more monsters here besides you and Nightmare.
“Hey dreamcatcher, are you scared of me?”
Nightmare is scared but confident that you aren't scared. Why would that change? They’ve been through everything together.
“W-what? O-of course n-not! M-moonlight why w-would you t-think that?”
Both Nightmare and you are blushing due to the nicknames. Nightmare brings you into a side-hug. You lean into his touch.
“It’s nothing princess, don’t worry about it”
He says chuckling and kisses your forehead. You blush more, tail waving happily.