27

"yes," jeno breathed out.

"yes what?" she pressed.

"yes, we were in love. i loved you more than anything else in this entire world," he confessed. it was half true.

yumi let out a deep breath. a tear slipped her eye as she gazed at jeno's face. he seemed somewhat sad and she pressed her lips against his, surprising him.

"in my memories, we had kissed like this," she said as she pulled away and he nodded slowly.

like a guilty pleasure, he pulled her back in again, both of his hands were on either side of her face as he kissed her passionately. he knew that if yumi ever remembered anything about her relationship with haechan, she wouldn't forgive him.

so he took advantage of the opportunity even if he knew it wasn't right.

because this was the only way that he would be able to hold and kiss her like he wanted too.

yumi kissed him back, believing that he was the one. her hands were in his hair and she gasped when his bit her lower lip. he smirked into the kissed and slipped a tongue in, completely under control of the situation.

when they finally pulled away, out of breathe, jeno ran a finger over yumi's swollen lips and chuckled, "you make me want to kiss you again."

yumi didn't answer. she was content as she held jeno's hand the rest of the way home. 

when the door opened, yumi ran towards chenle and jisung on the living room couch. she embraced both of them in a giant hug, "i remember everything, i remember you guys and jeno and i are all good now!"

despite the girl's excitement, chenle blinked, "you... and jeno?"

yumi nodded, her eyes turning into half moons to accompany the smile on her face, "why didn't any of you guys tell me that we were together? it might have jump-started my memories sooner."

jisung and chenle both turned to give jeno a look, "what did you tell her?" jisung asked.

yumi stood up and ran back to jeno, "he didn't tell me anything, i just remember the time that we were... kissing. he was always there for me in the past too."

jisung was careful with his next words, "and what about the rest of us? do you remember anything about haechan?"

yumi frowned, "i feel so bad. i remember every single detail except for anything about him. it's all foggy. i'm sure they'll come back sooner or later so tell him not to be too sad. we'll be great friends again when they come back!"

neither chenle or jisung wanted to confront jeno and confuse yumi even more. they shared a look and just went along with it, masking their concern with fake smiles and nods. 

jeno was about to let out the breath he had been holding when haechan entered through the kitchen. apparently he had heard everything.

haechan's eyes were downcast and he refused to look at neither yumi or jeno. instead, he desperately turned away and sat in between chenji. 

"congratulations," he mustered with a shaky voice but yumi didn't notice.

she was already halfway up the stairs with jeno. 

~

haechan couldn't sleep. he had been having sleep problems ever since yumi's reappearance but it was nothing compared to what he was experiencing right now. 

he hadn't stopped crying ever since that afternoon and had even skipped dinner with the excuse that he wasn't hungry. he didn't want yumi to see his puffy eyes and had no energy to pretend to be cheerful around her. not when she had conveniently remembered everyone else but him. 

he had been staring at his lockscreen, at the same old picture that he had always kept as the background. 

yumi had taken it years ago while haechan was taking a nap. in the picture, he was dead asleep as yumi kissed his cheek and he had liked it so much that he used it every chance he got. 

now it served as a reminder of a relationship that he had lost. 

he decided to get out of his room for a glass of water. it was late at night and the boys had all dispersed into their rooms so he wouldn't be interrupted by any probing questions.

he didn't make it three steps down the hall before he stopped again, peeking into jeno's room. he didn't mean to see what was happening, but nevertheless it broke his heart even more. 

jeno and yumi were sitting on the bed next to each other, watching something that was playing on the tv. 

haechan saw how jeno's hand rested a little too high on yumi's stomach and continued watching when jeno stopped paying attention to the tv. 

jeno had turned to yumi, chuckling at how immersed into the show she was. he glanced down and gulped when he saw that her shirt was shifted, and too much skin was showing for his self-restraint to work properly. 

he leaned in and kissed her neck gingerly and when she didn't push him away, he pushed her down so that she was laying and hovered over her, kissing her neck a lot more aggressively. 

he left marks of red and purple, liking the way they would show in the morning. it made him feel a lot better knowing that haechan would see them too. 

he moved back to her lips, kissing them instead as his hands roamed a little too freely for someone who was taking advantage of a girl's broken memory.

haechan stopped watching, unable to take it in anymore. forgetting about the water he was going to get, he pushed the door wide open with a bang, shocking the couple.

"lee jeno," haechan was seething. 

"lee donghyuck," jeno stood his ground and yumi glanced in between the two without a clue as to why they seemed do mad at each other.

"you're a fucking asshole and you know it. what are you going to do when the truth comes out?" haechan asked.

jeno smirked, "that doesn't seem to be happening anytime soon."

haechan hated him so much in that moment. his hands curled into fists but he didn't want to be violent in front of yumi. instead, he ran out of jeno's room and down the stairs. 

as he ran away from the house, the anger inside of his dissipated into nothing but despair. 

so. i've published a jisung book and i think you guys will love the concept bc i do too >.< 

please check it out!