𝐁𝐎𝐍𝐔𝐒 #𝟏: 𝐇𝐎𝐌𝐄

Y/N's POV

"Koff! Koff!"

"Are you OK, y/n?!" Pieck came out of her Cart Titan and asked me questions regarding my current state. However, I kept coughing on all fours and couldn't answer.

"Cart! We need you over here!"

"Ugh give me a break... I'll be back to check on you OK, y/n?" She entered her Titan once again and ran to the Marleyans who needed her.

"Koff! Koff..."

We were way outside the walls now... I turned my head to the side and looked at Reiner. He was slowly regenerating but still in such bad shape.

I'm sorry...

Then I remembered Bertholdt.

"DAMMIT!!" I yelled, and pounded the ground with my fist. I was frustrated, angry, but most of all... sad.

I had failed to save Bertholdt in the fight against the others in Shiganshina District, and now he was dead. I kept cursing myself, saying how it was my fault, and I couldn't stop.

It's your fault, y/n. All your fault. Your fault only. No one else's. Worthless piece of crap. Die. It's all your fault, y/n.

The tears kept flowing and I decided to lay down on the grass. I wiped my wet eyes and closed them. Sorry... everyone...

"Y/n."

I looked up from my book to see my best friend.

"Pieck..."

I stood up and she ran toward me to give me the biggest hug in the world.

"I missed you so much!"

"I missed you too..." I started crying again.

"Aw, don't start crying again. Give your eyes a break," Pieck said, wiping away my tears. I smiled and nodded and we sat back down on the boat's floor.

"We're returning to Marley now. Are you excited to see your hometown again?"

"I haven't been in Liberio for 5 years... I'm of course happy to be back."

She sighed. "You don't know how much I was worrying these past 5 years." I looked up to meet Pieck's sad eyes. "I could only hope that you would come back and when you did, I would give you the biggest hug and spoil you with gifts."

"That hug was already the best gift I've received from you," I said.

"Pieck! The Commander wants you!"

"Why do they always want me at the worst times..." Pieck rolled her eyes and sulked a bit. "I'll talk to you later y/n. Make sure to get an adequate amount of rest."

I nodded and waved bye. Back to reading this boring book I guess.

I stepped on ground once again as my eyes were met with the sight of the land that I grew up on. Things have changed here...