𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟖.

Reiner's POV

(Flashback)

"I've been having... the same dream on repeat. I dream about the old man who hung himself. I wonder why he told us that story before he decided to kill himself," Bertholdt said.

"I don't get... how you can ever understand that," I said.

"He probably wanted someone to forgive him or something," y/n said. "He said something about leaving behind 4 kids that were about our age after all. We could've reminded him of those 4 kids."

"He had no way of knowing we couldn't. I mean... we left Marcel behind... and ran away," Annie said.

"But for some reason... I think... that old man... wanted someone to judge him," Bertholdt concluded.

Why am I standing in front of Eren? And what is he doing here in Marley?!

Willy's POV

"Lord Tybur... It is almost time."

"I know..." I was covered in sweat, and the fear of nervousness was washing over me.

"Uncle Willy!" I heard y/n say. I turned around.

"Look who it is! Were you gonna tell me to break a leg?"

"Well yes, but don't actually do it though," she laughed. "I hope I'm not bothering you. I just wanted to see you is all."

"Don't I look absolutely awful? I have the worst kind of case of stage fright," I said, patting my face with a cloth.

"You're a good man," she smiled. "As my uncle, and knowing you... I know you'll fulfill your duty as a Tybur tonight. You'll make our family proud," she said.

I smiled but then turned serious. "Y/n... Promise me 2 things." She listened. "One: You will be known as Y/n Tybur from now on. I told the Marleyan officials you shall be addressed as a Tybur, for that is your true last name after all. Two: You are the holder of the War Hammer Titan. Promise me you will crush those devils on that island... every last one of them. For the sake of all of us." I put my hands on her shoulders.

She looked at me for a moment before her expression turned into a determined one, and she nodded firmly.

"I promise."

I smiled and patted her head, then we shared a hug.

"Don't you ever forget this promise," I said, and she smiled in return.

"I'll be watching you," she said, and with that, she left.

Y/N's POV

"Wow, it's like we're in the center of the world," Pieck said, squeezing Zofia's shoulders. I was playing with Gabi's pretty hair.

"It's incredible what your family can do, y/n," Colt said. He was always so nice.

"O-Oh, thanks," I replied. I had to now get used to being known as a Tybur, and being called Y/n Tybur. I was known as Y/n Dawn all this time up until now, but Uncle Willy decided that everyone should know me as a Tybur.