𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒.

Y/N's POV

I bumped into Porco on the way towards the meeting we were supposed to go to, so we headed into the building for a meeting together. He yawned. It was so early in the morning -

PORCO AND I ALMOST HAD A HEART ATTACK.

"Good morning Porco and y/n," Pieck said, on the ground on all fours.

"Pieck... What the heck are you doing?" Porco was more frightened than I was, and clutched his chest.

"This feels more natural. Sorry, did I scare you?" Pieck asked.

"Just walk normal please," Porco tried to recover from the surprise.

The 3 of us arrived in the room we were supposed to go to.

"So what's wrong? It's not usual for us to all meet in here like this. And where are the officials?" Porco asked.

Zeke, who was in charge, answered, "They're not in this room, so don't worry." He sat down in a chair.

"Let me get straight to point. Marley has stood victorious in its recent wars due to the help of Titan powers. Because of this, the hatred of Eldians around the world is growing larger. Also... recent battles have made it clear that we need to upgrade our weaponry in future wars. Titan powers won't last long forever. Technology is advancing. If Marley fails to do so, the result will be the fall of Marley, putting Eldians in an unpredictable position. We need to solve the threat of this race by retrieving the Founding Titan from Paradis. And this is good too because we can eliminate the most dangerous threat by doing that: Paradis itself."

"But... I don't see how retrieving the Founder will solve this 'hatred of Eldians' issue," Pieck said, curling up like a cat on the sofa. She was right and had a point.

"Yes!" Zeke said. "We need to tell the world an important story, the true story of how big of a threat to the world that island is. And who will the narrator of this story be? I've decided y/n's family, the Tybur family, would be a good choice."

Huh? H-How did he know?

"Y-Y/n's family?" Colt was surprised.

"You're a Tybur right, y/n?" Zeke asked me. I didn't want this secret to come out... but there was no use denying now.

"Yeah..."

"Then why'd you become a War -" Reiner began but I cut him off.

"I'd like to not talk about this here. Let's focus on the issue at hand," I said, changing the subject.

Luckily, Zeke continued. "The Tybur family, owners of the War Hammer Titan, the first family of aristocrats to go against King Fritz in the Great Titan War, and honorary Marleyans. They too are concerned about Marley and Eldia right now."

"The world would have to listen to us if the Tyburs narrate this story for us and are the ones who proclaim to the world the current issue," Pieck deduced.

"Exactly!" Zeke pointed at Pieck.

"But... The Tybur family haven't really done their duty to protect Marley this whole time, even though they had the War Hammer Titan. They lived as honorary Marleyans... Eldians who were recognized and treated as Marleyans," Porco said. "Isn't it... kinda selfish for them to start taking action now? No offense, y/n..."

"That's true but..." I smiled. "I like to think every generation is different."

"I understand how you feel, Porco," Zeke said. "But they are truly concerned and worried."

"But -"

"I'll accept it if it helps," Reiner interrupted. "We should work with the Tyburs."

"The Tybur family will make a declaration at the upcoming festival. Paradis will be under our control... within a year. The future of Eldia and Marley... depend on this strategy. We can't afford to fail or lose," Zeke said.