#3 * Athena X Artemis

Suggestion from Food_Dragon08
------------------------------

Athena x Artemis

"So have I managed to change the way you view hunting?" Artemis smirked.

"I still don't see how you can do this everyday, day in, day out. But I suppose I do see where you find the joy in it." Athena replied with a smile.

Each of the goddesses carried a stag they'd killed. The goddess of the hunt with her usual bow and arrow. The wisdom goddess with her spear.

How she'd managed to do that kind of baffled Artemis. She'd never expected Athena to be able to hit it. Not where it counted at least. One thing she learned however: Athena was as precise with her spear as she was with her bow.

"I have to admit Athena. I'm surprised you did this with that spear of yours. It seems annoying to hunt with. It's long and very much not made for swift attacks." Artemis continued.

"I wouldn't be able to aim a bow an arrow at a rapid moving target like a stag. But with my spear, I've had plenty of practice on a battlefield." Athena winked.

The ease she said it with gave the moon goddess chills. 'Oh yeah, I kill people with a spear on the regular, no biggy.' She quickly pushed the thought away.

"But still you're not bad with a bow. I've seen you shoot one before." The goddess of the hunt said.

"Those targets were all static. Trust me you'd turn around in pure horror if you saw me attempt to shoot an animal." The grey eyed goddess replied with a chuckle.

Artemis shook her head. They arrived back at their little camp site. Usually Artemis' hunters would be with them, but since Athena asked for this little trip the huntress had decided to give them a monster to hunt together. One she knew they could handle.

Artemis figured the wisdom goddess had asked for this to get away from her usual Olympian life. To get away from the nice dresses and ceremonies. To get away from busy streets and annoyed people. To be able to be herself.

The moon goddess understood all too well. She hated the ceremonial wear she was forced to wear whenever she entered Olympus. She couldn't imagine what it would be like to wear it everyday.

Athena put her stag down near the fireplace and sat on a log. In the light of the moon she looked different Artemis noticed. Her dark brown hair seemed to have a silver shimmer in it and her grey eyes seemed darker than usual. She seemed more... Mysterious.

Artemis felt the need to get to know whoever this person underneath her beloved moon was, because it certainly wasn't the person she'd been hunting with the entire evening.

"What?" Athena asked.

She'd noticed the huntress staring. The latter quickly averted her eyes.

"Nothing." She said as a deep golden blush quickly laced her cheeks.

The moon goddess ignored the confused look she got and put her own stag down.

"We uh... We should get a fire going..." She muttered.

With the wood left from the night before Artemis started a fire while Athena went looking for some more.

While she was alone the goddess of the hunt had time to collect herself and her thoughts. Where had that blush come from? Scratch that. Where did the stare come from? Scratch that too. Where had her interest for Athena come from?

Something about the wisdom goddess sitting in the light of the moon made her incredibly attractive. Of course Athena was always gorgeous, but in a different kind of way.