#14 * Athena X Thalia Grace (part 2)

Suggested by PJO_Blackjack

------------------------------

Athena x Thalia Grace

Part 2

Thalia liked laying around in a meadow. She could see the blue sky and the clouds that seemed to take all sorts of shapes and forms. She could smell the grass and flowers.

The demigod could feel herself dozing off. The heat of the sun, a cool breeze to cool her off. It seemed almost too perfect.

Hands with long fingers went through her hair and stroked her cheek.

"Are you falling asleep on me?" A feminine voice asked, pulling the huntress back to reality.

Thalia opened her eyes and saw Athena smiling down on her. They'd sneaked away from Artemis and the other huntresses to this meadow.

"Say, by chance, do you have anything to do with this perfect weather?" She asked.

"Do I look like someone who controls the weather?" The wisdom goddess responded, the smile never wavering.

"No, but you look like a daddy's girl." Thalia smirked in response.

"What does that have to do with anything?" Athena shrugged.

"That you can get anything done from him if you really want to."

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Sure darling."

For a moment the two of them stared in each others eyes. The next Athena leaned down and kissed Thalia. It didn't take long for the huntress to reciprocate the kiss.

For a moment the world around them disappeared. Nothing mattered, it was just the two of them.

Until...

"Thalia!"

Athena broke away from the kiss. She grumbled something incoherent and scowled in the direction of the voice that called for Thalia.

"Thalia, where are you?!"

The demigod sighed.

"Artemis is looking for me." She muttered.

"You think?" The wisdom goddess asked.

Thalia rolled her eyes, but smiled.

"I'm sorry I can't spend more time with you."

"What do you mean? Of course you can." Athena said, raising a brow.

"No, I can't. Artemis, remember?" The huntress responded.

"I'm a goddess remember? I can be wherever I want to be, without owing anyone an explanation, not even my dearest little sister." The grey eyed goddess smirked.

"Well look at that, I'm rubbing off on you." Thalia teased.

"Oh please, I've always been this smart." Athena chuckled.

"You saying I'm smart?"

"Never."

"Jeez, loving girlfriend I have."

"Right? She just spend hours laying in a meadow with you."

"You're impossible." Thalia said.

"I try." Athena replied with a wink.

"Well, we should head back to camp. Artemis will kill me if I don't turn up soon." The huntress said, sitting up.

She immeaditly missed the comfortable feeling of her girlfriend's hand in her hair or her head in Athena's lap.

The two of them got up and walked back to camp. Thalia interlocked their hands as they walked. Athena could've easily flashed the two of them back, but neither of them felt the need to be back at the huntress camp that quickly.

Even the walk felt too short. Soon enough they reached the camp. Artemis stood at the edge of the camp, with multiple wolves standing around her.

As soon as the goddess of the hunt came into view Thalia let go of Athena's hand. For a moment the wisdom goddess clenched her jaw. She hated the fact that they had to be so sneaky about everything. It'd be so much easier if they could just show what they had together.

"What's wrong? Why did you call for me?" Thalia asked.

"Callisto and Amara were supposed to be back from their patrol around the perimeter, but they've been gone for hours. I need my luitenant to keep an eye on things while I go look for them with a couple of the others." Artemis explained as she cast a suspicious look on Athena.

"What are you doing here?" The moon goddess asked her sister.

"Father asked me to check on you." Athena lied.

"Right-" The goddess of the hunt grunted.

"-just stay here with Thalia and the wolves. I'll take some of the girls to go look for Callisto and Amara."

"As you wish." The grey eyed goddess nodded.

Artemis turned around and marched off to find some huntresses. In the corner of her eye Thalia saw a smirk lacing her girlfriend's lips.

"What did you do?" The huntress asked.

"Me? Nothing, what makes you think I did anything?" Athena asked.

"Your smirk. You look just like Hermes after he pulled a prank." Thalia stated.

The wisdom goddess chook her head and focused her attention on petting a wolf that had sat down next to her.

"Babe, what did you do?" The demigod asked again, this time a little bit more stern.

Athena sighed.

"I may or may not have ordered my soldiers to hide away Callisto and Amara for a bit."

Thalia was quiet. Her girlfriend ordered her soldiers to disrupt a huntress patrol on purpose. Artemis, as the outstanding hunter she is, will find out.

"You do realize there is no tracker quite like Artemis right? And that there is also no one with a temper quite like Artemis." Thalia said after a moment of silence.

"You do realize I thought all of that through right? She'll be busy running in circles for another couple of hours and by the time she finds our it was me, I'll be gone." Athena replied, like it was something she did everyday.

"Why would you do that? Why go through all that trouble?"

"I remember telling you that I'm a goddess and that I didn't owe anybody an explanation. But being a goddess also means being able to tinker a bit with people's life for your own gain."

"You really did all of this to spend more time with me?" Thalia asked.

"Wouldn't you if you were me?" Athena asked in return, a mysterious glint in her eyes.

------------------------------

Dear PJO_Blackjack,
Thank you so much for your suggestion! Writing a part two is always challenging because you have to capture the feeling of the first piece. I hope I managed to do that. For these two it seemed particularly harder than the last one. None the less I had a lot of fun writing it. Enjoy your short!

- Athena