#19 * Athena X Gaea

Requested by SunsetMahi

Dear kiddos, be aware that this is based on the pjo universe. That means same things apply as before.

- Athena

------------------------------

Athena x Gaea

Olympus wasn't exactly a fun place to be right now, so Athena was making her way towards the elevator that would lead her back to the mortal world.

'No deity is to leave Olympus, unless given strict orders.' She remembered her father's booming voice.

Or was it Jupiter's? She couldn't tell at this point. It was hard enough to keep Minerva surpressed. The moment she started worrying about the identities of other gods she'd lose her grip on the roman inside her head.

'You Greeks are all the same.' Minerva scolded her in her head.

'You don't care for anyone but yourselves.'

"Shut up." Athena muttered.

She pushed Minerva to the back of her mind and kept walking. The harder she tried to push Minerva away, the harder the Roman deity fought back.

'Stop pushing me away! You're lucky we're in Greek territory!' She raged, followed up with a bunch of Roman curses for Greeks.

It felt like a storm was going on behind Athena's eyes and her head was about to explode. Good thing she knew how to handle headaches by now. At least one perk of having children as a maiden goddess.

'Don't you dare call yourself a maiden!' Minerva exclaimed.

"Why not? I'm not married, there's no sexual intercourse. That's what a maiden is." Athena responded.

The people in the streets took steps back as she approached. A god speaking to themselves is never good. Olympus' inhabitants had noticed something was off with the gods, they just didn't know what.

'Maidens don't have children Athena.'

The moment Athena heard her name spat like poison she pushed Minerva away as hard as she could.

"Ignorant romans, always blinded by their own reputation." She grumbled.

When the wisdom goddess stood in front of the elevator she stopped for a moment. She was hesitant to press the call button. Minerva had been right. She was lucky that she was in Greek territory.

The moment she would reach the mortal world it would be Minerva who was favored by the people, because for some reason mortals insisted on using Romans for their classical mythology. Even if all they ever did was steal from other people and their deities.

Still Athena longed for a change of scenery so she took the elevator down. She strolled a bit through Manhattan, but it was hard to enjoy herself when Minerva only grew louder.

The daughter of Zeus stopped and grabbed for her head. She squeezed her eyes shut, trying to tune out the pain. But it only seemed to become worse. Athena sunk to her knees in the middle of the busy streets.

Annoyed mortals with briefcases and phones hurried around her. Some seemed concerned, but too afraid to help. She didn't know what they saw, but probably nothing good.

The wisdom goddess could feel her form becoming unstable. Her physique wanted to change into Minerva's. The more she fought it, the more it hurt.

Suddenly she felt a hand on her shoulder.